Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Mailwasher brings up Control Panel - mistake

Mailwasher brings up Control Panel - mistake

Ritter197

I have used Mailwasher for years but after installing MS Outlook it brings
up the Control Panel when I say to process mail.

It does not bring up the Outlook, which it used to do.

I looked at all the settings and they seem OK and definitely poit to
Outlook2000, not Control Panel.

What could be the problem?

Operating system is windows xp

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

Ritter197 wrote:
> I have used Mailwasher for years but after installing MS Outlook it

brings
> up the Control Panel when I say to process mail.
>
> It does not bring up the Outlook, which it used to do.
>
> I looked at all the settings and they seem OK and definitely poit to
> Outlook2000, not Control Panel.
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> Operating system is windows xp

There is no option in mail washer that sets the mail program that is
launched(at least not in version 2. I think it's just a matter of
setting the default mail program (within the mail program itself).
When I go into outlook express and select tools..options, and set it as
the default mail program, then mail washer launches outlook express.
You can also set the default mail program through IE. When you select -
say - outlook express as your email program, then go into outlook
tools..options, you'll see that outlook express becomes the default
email program (even if it wasn't before).
So whether you set it through IE or the mail program itself (OE in my
case) doesn't matter.
I can't see how the default mail program can be set to contorl panel.
Maybe a program is playing a joke on you and has screwed with your
registry. You may want to look into repairing/restoring/fixing that.

Ritter197

I fixed it finally via RESTORE in windows xp.

I can now access Outlook 2000 again, even though not automatically, but via
a pull-down window.

I used to have OE and there it was automatic.

But at least no more Control Panel.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...