Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > AGP

Reply
 
 
IAN GARDNER
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2004
Dear all,
Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
processor,
I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter and
put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built card off!
Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?

Thanks again guys and girl!

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT
www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
WebWalker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:46:06 -0000, "IAN GARDNER"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dear all,
>Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
>processor,
> I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter and
>put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built card off!
> Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?


1 PCI display card and 1 AGP card.

--
WebWalker
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Weyoun the Dancing Borg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
IAN GARDNER wrote:

> Dear all,
> Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
> processor,
> I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter and
> put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built card off!
> Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?
>
> Thanks again guys and girl!
>


I have a GeForce 5200 with duel output and it works nicely. I can have
different resolutions, and configure it in many ways.

--

There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
Do not attempt to adjust your settings.
I am now controlling your PC.
I control the horizontal scrollbar, and the vertical one.
I can deluge you with a thousand movies,
or expand one single JPG to crystal clarity and beyond.
I can shape your vision to anything my imagination can conceive.
For the next post I will control all that you see and hear.
You are about to experience the awe and the mystery
which reaches from my deepest inner mind to,
the Outer Limits.

Please stand by.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004

"IAN GARDNER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cpfmab$lo2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
> Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
> processor,
> I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter
> and put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built card
> off!
> Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?


A dual output card, or an AGP and PCI card, or onboard video and a PCI card
are your likely choices. You can't use the onboard video in conjunction with
an AGP card to get a dual output, because the onboard video likely also uses
the AGP interface internally. Since it's not a "bus" like PCI, AGP can't
accomodate two devices using the interface at the same time. That's why the
onboard is disabled when you use the AGP card.


 
Reply With Quote
 
relic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:
> I thought Linux users were supposed to be intelligent?


No, linux makes you stupid.
Searched all groups Results 1 - 30 of 5,820 for "linux makes you
stupid".

--
Honey, you stick to the washin',
ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'.
No wife of mine is gonna work.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Weyoun the Dancing Borg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
Christo wrote:


>>There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
>>Do not attempt to adjust your settings.
>>I am now controlling your PC.
>>I control the horizontal scrollbar, and the vertical one.
>>I can deluge you with a thousand movies,
>>or expand one single JPG to crystal clarity and beyond.
>>I can shape your vision to anything my imagination can conceive.
>>For the next post I will control all that you see and hear.
>>You are about to experience the awe and the mystery
>>which reaches from my deepest inner mind to,
>>the Outer Limits.
>>
>>Please stand by.

>
>
> cool sig weyoun



thanks !
 
Reply With Quote
 
IAN GARDNER
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004


"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "IAN GARDNER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cpfmab$lo2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dear all,
>> Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
>> processor,
>> I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter
>> and put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built
>> card off!
>> Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?

>
> A dual output card, or an AGP and PCI card, or onboard video and a PCI
> card are your likely choices. You can't use the onboard video in
> conjunction with an AGP card to get a dual output, because the onboard
> video likely also uses the AGP interface internally. Since it's not a
> "bus" like PCI, AGP can't accomodate two devices using the interface at
> the same time. That's why the onboard is disabled when you use the AGP
> card.


Ok dudes, I got myself a G3Ti200 Pro TDo111042894 card. It has It has Twin
monitor out that consists of a standard monitor out and a DVI output. I got
with it a converter plug that converts the DVI output to a monitor socket.
I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but I
still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked the
box as Use AGP as primary display.
Any more ideas?

Thanks sofar!

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT
www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jim Berwick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
"IAN GARDNER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cpi5gt$2p9$(E-Mail Removed):

> I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but
> I
> still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked
> the box as Use AGP as primary display.
>


What is the exact result you are trying to accomplish?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Weyoun the Dancing Borg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
Jim Berwick wrote:

> "IAN GARDNER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:cpi5gt$2p9$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>
>> I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but
>> I
>>still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked
>>the box as Use AGP as primary display.
>>

>
>
> What is the exact result you are trying to accomplish?


I assume it's what I have. My G-card has a driver that lets me see this:

http://www.weyounsworld.co.uk/downlo...es/desktop.gif


--

There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
Do not attempt to adjust your settings.
I am now controlling your PC.
I control the horizontal scrollbar, and the vertical one.
I can deluge you with a thousand movies,
or expand one single JPG to crystal clarity and beyond.
I can shape your vision to anything my imagination can conceive.
For the next post I will control all that you see and hear.
You are about to experience the awe and the mystery
which reaches from my deepest inner mind to,
the Outer Limits.

Please stand by.
 
Reply With Quote
 
sqr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
I agree

--
sqr
--
ftp://sqr.myftp.biz



"relic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QTZud.18143$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:
> > I thought Linux users were supposed to be intelligent?

>
> No, linux makes you stupid.
> Searched all groups Results 1 - 30 of 5,820 for "linux makes you
> stupid".
>
> --
> Honey, you stick to the washin',
> ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'.
> No wife of mine is gonna work.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regular AGP card in Turbo AGP slot cnuts? Meat Plow Computer Support 8 08-31-2007 03:21 AM
Angry Mobs !!! UNITE !!! PCI vs AGP vs PCI-E Ciger Hardware 5 12-01-2005 11:29 PM
HIS X700 IceQ 128MB GDDR3 AGP Video Card Review at XYZ Compu Silverstrand Front Page News 5 09-27-2005 06:00 AM
Nvidia is done with AGP Silverstrand Front Page News 7 07-09-2005 04:22 AM
Connect3D All-in-Wonder Radeon X800 XT 256MB AGP Silverstrand Front Page News 3 06-30-2005 05:48 AM



Advertisments