Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > LF: 4 GB or 6GB hard drives

LF: 4 GB or 6GB hard drives

Alexis Felix

In good working order...make me your best offer!

me

"Alexis Felix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsJnud.46776$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In good working order...make me your best offer!

50p

Plato

me wrote:

> > In good working order...make me your best offer!

> 50p

Your "penny" says 1 cent. So why isn't your 50 thing 50 cents instead of
pence

Plato

me wrote:

> 50p

Actually they are worth about $125 to me. My partner or I cant keep them
around for long. What happens is for example Joe Customer who bought his
p233/32meg/win95b for $2,500 dollars 8 years ago hard drive crashes. New
hard drives will work in such a box without a controller card and its
not worth the cost of a new drive/card plus the labor to install/reload
windows/reload/find drivers. Joe Customer says he doenst want to spend
for a new box nor spend over $100 or to fix it.

So, for $125 I tell Joe Customer I'll fix it, parts included. Heck, I
didn't pay for the old drives anyway and even if I have to put in a $10
sound card or even a $10 modem and sound card if drivers are not found
for his old parts its still worth it. IT's actually one of my favourite
things to do. Customer also gets a new cpu fan if needed, a new case fan
in needed, and all the dust blown out. Heck, if the power supply fan
aint working I'll put in a used PS also. It's quite refreshing
rebuilding a win95b pc.