Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Media Player

Media Player

Robert Clark

I recently received a download trojan upon opening an E-mail. My Norton
virus program identified the corrupted file as IEaccess2.dll - but could not
fix it - so the file was deleted. Now...cannot use my Windows Media Player.
I simply get a message "cannot connect to server." Is no longer having this
file the problem? I checked with www.dll-files.com and they do not have this
file listed. I downloaded the lastest version of Media Player...but I
receive the same message. Anyone have any further suggestions? I'm using
Windows 98 SE.

Jerry G.

I checked out my system, and there is no such file. This file must belong to
some other program. As for the media player not working, there must have
been something else cleaned up.

Did you uninstall the Media Player, before re-install it again? The
computer may have a more serious problem, than just the media player.

You can check and correct your complete operating system installation. Shell
to the system prompt, and type FSC. You will need the original operating
system CD disk to be inserted in to the drive. Follow the instructions about
how to use this utility. It will go through the complete operating system,
and put it back to its original, but without effecting installed programs,
unless there are other serious problems. Before using this utility, you
should back up all your user files.

If FSC overwrote some newer DLL versions that are required for other
programs, you just have to re-install the effected programs.

--

Jerry G.
=====

news:(E-Mail Removed)...