Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Controlling a Radio Controlled Model Car over the internet?

Controlling a Radio Controlled Model Car over the internet?

Justin Mahn

Steve & Chris Clark wrote:
> they drove an electric remote controlled buggy on mars, from here on earth.
> --
> Steve
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hello.
>>
>>Is it possible to control a radio controlled car remotely over the
>>internet? If so how do I go about setting it up?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>John

I believe the question was not "Is it possible?", but "_How_ is it
possible?"

Setting up a computer driven transmitter about the same difficulty as
university level electronics projects. I don't understand it all,
either, but rest assured that any master's student could tell you
offhand, and any bachelors student could tell you with some research.

Frater Mus

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 at 21:12 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is it possible to control a radio controlled car remotely over the
> internet?

Back in 1995 you could control rc bots in a chicago university via a
CGi script on their webpage.

> If so how do I go about setting it up?

First, you figure out how CGI programming is done.
Second, you figure out how RC radio systems work.
Third, you figure out how to build an interface.

--
http://cbsrmt.mousetrap.net/RMTdb/ CBS Radio Mystery Theater database
CBSRMT uploads each day in <news:alt.binaries.sounds.radio.cbsrmt>

javadog@gmail.com

In the sence of controlling it via VNC/Radmin or anything like that
would make it so the car it's self would have to be a computer,
therefore meaning it'd have to consist of all the things a regular
computer would have to run, meaning it wouldn't fit into a 1/10th scale
car now if you were to make a simple program that could emit out waves
(In this case, the ones used by a remote control to control the car)
out USB/SCUSI Or something of that sort to an antenna.. but that's a
whole other thing, and in the sence wouldn't be so... pricey. It'd also
mean easier home theft. For simply altering the program to emit Garage
Door frequencies and so on... which is probably why the software isin't
already made.

cornwallgas cornwallgas is offline
Junior Member

Ok, could you not just hack a wireless ip camera? PT(Z)!!!
left = turn left
right = turn right
up = drive forward
down = drive back

Prob some obvious reason u cant, but i cant see why not

just found
http://www.robosoft.fr/eng/sous_categorie.php?id=1028

Last edited by cornwallgas; 10-31-2006 at 10:16 PM..

brandoncaddow-young brandoncaddow-young is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Hello.

Is it possible to control a radio controlled car remotely over the
internet? If so how do I go about setting it up?

Thanks

John
Yes it is possible. I did this very project during my undergrad. I created a detailed site to explain all steps.

http://brandoncaddow-young.com/internetCar.php