Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Where is Scandisk in XP?

Re: Where is Scandisk in XP?

Thor

That's because "scandisk" doesn't come with XP. There is a different tool
for XP called "checkdisk". You can invoke it by going to "my computer" then
right-click your drive letter and choose "properties", then click the
"tools" menu. From there click "error checking". If you want to do a
thorough error check and repair on your boot drive, the check will be
scheduled to run at the next bootup, and then you reboot in order to run the
check. If you just do a basic error check with no automatic repair, the
system will not need to be rebooted.

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:5GJrd.164$Xp.57@lakeread07...
> This used to be in System Tools in 98,but i cant find it in XP
>

> Andrew

me

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's because "scandisk" doesn't come with XP. There is a different tool
> for XP called "checkdisk".

That might explain why i couldnt find it

thanks for that Thor

Andrew

nKs

or chkdsk /:f