Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > TweakUI

TweakUI

Gabby

I have been using TweakUI for some time, with no problems, but after having
to re-load Windows I can not
get it to install. I have searched the net with no help. Have down loaded
the program from
several sites. Allways the same: To install it says "right click on
TweakUI.inf." Nothing happens.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Windows 98se
GenuineIntel Pentium(r) II Processor
128MB RAM
58% system resources free
Windows-managed swap file on drive C (2623MB free)
Available space on drive C: 2623MB of 3827MB (FAT32)

HF

All of Tweakui is needed. It all has to be in the same folder or it wont
instal. When it does you hardly realise it.
"Gabby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7Gfqd.8029$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> I have been using TweakUI for some time, with no problems, but after

having
> to re-load Windows I can not
> get it to install. I have searched the net with no help. Have down

loaded
> the program from
> several sites. Allways the same: To install it says "right click on
> TweakUI.inf." Nothing happens.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>

> Windows 98se
> GenuineIntel Pentium(r) II Processor
> 128MB RAM
> 58% system resources free
> Windows-managed swap file on drive C (2623MB free)
> Available space on drive C: 2623MB of 3827MB (FAT32)

Gabby

HF <(E-Mail Removed)21.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All of Tweakui is needed. It all has to be in the same folder or it wont
> instal. When it does you hardly realise it.

Thanks for your reply,
The program has just 4 files. All the same from every site. They are in the
same folder.
I have used this program for a long time and never had this problem before.

Have a good'un

--------
= Wake Up
America =

Gabby

Hello Colin,
Thanks for your reply.

> You have to right-click on the tweakui.inf file and then select
> `install` from the menu that pops up; you should then have a tweakui
> icon in control panel.

This is my problem. The right click on the .inf file does Nothing. I do
not get an install option.

> Gabby wrote:
> > I have been using TweakUI for some time, with no problems, but after

having
> > to re-load Windows I can not
> > get it to install. I have searched the net with no help. Have down

loaded
> > the program from
> > several sites. Allways the same: To install it says "right click on
> > TweakUI.inf." Nothing happens.
> >
> > > You have to right-click on the tweakui.inf file and then select
> > > `install` from the menu that pops up; you should then have a tweakui
> > > icon in control panel.

colin

Gabby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_5mqd.2627$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Hello Colin,
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> > You have to right-click on the tweakui.inf file and then select
> > `install` from the menu that pops up; you should then have a tweakui
> > icon in control panel.

> This is my problem. The right click on the .inf file does Nothing. I do
> not get an install option.
>
> > Gabby wrote:
> > > I have been using TweakUI for some time, with no problems, but after

> having
> > > to re-load Windows I can not
> > > get it to install. I have searched the net with no help. Have down

> loaded
> > > the program from
> > > several sites. Allways the same: To install it says "right click on
> > > TweakUI.inf." Nothing happens.

start>run>regedit

; Disable explorer's default context menus
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explor
er]
; Disabled
;"NoViewContextMenu"=dword:00000000
; Enabled
;"NoViewContextMenu"=dword:00000001

Gabby

Hey Colin,
Thank you for taking you time to help me.

colin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> start>run>regedit

> ; Disable explorer's default context menus

Don't know how to do this. The only "default" is "No Value Set."

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explor
er]
> ; Disabled
> ;"NoViewContextMenu"=dword:00000000
> ; Enabled
> ;"NoViewContextMenu"=dword:00000001

None of these are there. I tried putting them in, each in turn, but nothing
happened.
This is what I see:
Name Data
(Default) (no value set)