Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > help/agp slot

help/agp slot

doS

http://www.ixbt.com/mainboard/images...ebt2-board.jpg

Look carefully at the agp slot,(brown) see the little clip at the
end(pointing toward the bottom of the photo). Ever saw one of these, it
helps hold the card in..how do I remove the card as this clip holds the
card?

Thor

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZDbqd.7355$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.ixbt.com/mainboard/images...ebt2-board.jpg
>
> Look carefully at the agp slot,(brown) see the little clip at the
> end(pointing toward the bottom of the photo). Ever saw one of these, it
> helps hold the card in..how do I remove the card as this clip holds the
> card?

see the little tab at the end of the clip? You gently pull that back, and
lift the card up out of the socket. You can see when you pull the tab back,
that it pulls the little tooth out of the notch in the card, so you can pull
the card out.

doS

Thanks!!!
I would just push it to the right, as in the picture?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZDbqd.7355$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.ixbt.com/mainboard/images...ebt2-board.jpg
> >
> > Look carefully at the agp slot,(brown) see the little clip at the
> > end(pointing toward the bottom of the photo). Ever saw one of these, it
> > helps hold the card in..how do I remove the card as this clip holds the
> > card?

> see the little tab at the end of the clip? You gently pull that back, and
> lift the card up out of the socket. You can see when you pull the tab

back,
> that it pulls the little tooth out of the notch in the card, so you can

pull
> the card out.

Thor

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Q6lqd.7386$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks!!!
> I would just push it to the right, as in the picture?

looking at the picture, you would pull the tab away towards the LEFT. That
pulls it out of the notch in the card. Pushing it to the right is pushing
the lock into the card. When the board is mounted in a case, and sitting
upright, you would be pulling the tab downward.

doS

Thanks for your help.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...