Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help with internet connection program

Help with internet connection program

someone

I just got internet a week ago or so, its broadband, and every time I
want to connect to the internet I need to turn on this program, which
keeps on running if I want to stay connected. It's getting very
annoying, since I don't have much space on my taskbar even without it
running, and I'm seeking a way to hide the window, so that it doesn't
appear and use up my valuable space. I know there must be a way to do
this, make it just a process without an application window, or
something. I even tried using a program called window hider, didn't
work, although it did hide other windows. Please help me!

dan

Doesn't sound like much of a deal. Anyway, most broadband connections don't
force you to run a program to be online, sounds more like dial-up. Comcast
doesn't anyway. Seems sort of unusal.
"someone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:co7pie$si6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just got internet a week ago or so, its broadband, and every time I want
>to connect to the internet I need to turn on this program, which keeps on
>running if I want to stay connected. It's getting very annoying, since I
>don't have much space on my taskbar even without it running, and I'm
>seeking a way to hide the window, so that it doesn't appear and use up my
>valuable space. I know there must be a way to do this, make it just a
>process without an application window, or something. I even tried using a
>program called window hider, didn't work, although it did hide other
>windows. Please help me!

someone

dan wrote:
> Doesn't sound like much of a deal. Anyway, most broadband connections don't
> force you to run a program to be online, sounds more like dial-up. Comcast
> doesn't anyway. Seems sort of unusal.
> "someone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:co7pie$si6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I just got internet a week ago or so, its broadband, and every time I want
>>to connect to the internet I need to turn on this program, which keeps on
>>running if I want to stay connected. It's getting very annoying, since I
>>don't have much space on my taskbar even without it running, and I'm
>>seeking a way to hide the window, so that it doesn't appear and use up my
>>valuable space. I know there must be a way to do this, make it just a
>>process without an application window, or something. I even tried using a
>>program called window hider, didn't work, although it did hide other
>>windows. Please help me!

I know it's unusual, it's not a dial-up, its a DSL type of connection.
It's nnot that I don't want to have the program running, it' just that I
don't want to have it use an app window and use up space on my taskbar.