Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > virus?

virus?

Thomas

does anyone know if wincat.exe, rundll32.exe, or wincom.exe is a virus?
they keep showing up in the processes when I open task manager and they
really slow down my computer, i've tried deleting the programs on the
hard drive but when i start up again they're there.

colin

Thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%zpd.68427$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> does anyone know if wincat.exe, rundll32.exe, or wincom.exe is a virus?
> they keep showing up in the processes when I open task manager and they
> really slow down my computer, i've tried deleting the programs on the
> hard drive but when i start up again they're there.

http://www.hotrex.com/ (wincat.exe)
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rundll32.htm
http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/w/wincom_trojan.asp

Terry Joyce

Thomas wrote:
> does anyone know if wincat.exe, rundll32.exe, or wincom.exe is a virus?
> they keep showing up in the processes when I open task manager and they
> really slow down my computer, i've tried deleting the programs on the
> hard drive but when i start up again they're there.

Wincom.exe? http://www.2-spyware.com/file-wincom-exe.html
rundll32.exe? http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...dll32.exe.html
Wincat? http://www.goodfiles.com/viewapp.asp...yle/wincat.xml
2 out of 3 might be bad.