Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Music Editing

Music Editing

Gary

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some free software for editing audio files on a PC?
I'm looking for something that allows you to select bits of one song, copy
it and paste it to another song. Something that can create megamix style
tracks.
Any suggestions appreciated.
If you reply to me outside the NG please remove the no spam filter from my
email address.

Thanks
Gary

me

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fbcpd.227$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend some free software for editing audio files on a PC?
> I'm looking for something that allows you to select bits of one song, copy
> it and paste it to another song. Something that can create megamix style
> tracks.
> Any suggestions appreciated.
> If you reply to me outside the NG please remove the no spam filter from my
> email address.
>
> Thanks
> Gary

Try asking in alt.comp.freeware

Andrew

DJ Pablo

Howdy
I've been using Audacity for the past couple of months. Quite easy to use,
but the documentation is poor. Still, well worth the price.
http://audacity.sorceforge.net

Righto
DJ Pablo - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Auckland, New Zealand.

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fbcpd.227$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend some free software for editing audio files on a PC?
> I'm looking for something that allows you to select bits of one song, copy
> it and paste it to another song. Something that can create megamix style
> tracks.
> Any suggestions appreciated.
> If you reply to me outside the NG please remove the no spam filter from my
> email address.
>
> Thanks
> Gary

---

William Swyter

"DJ Pablo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<MTSpd.11938$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Howdy
> I've been using Audacity for the past couple of months. Quite easy to use,
> but the documentation is poor. Still, well worth the price.
> http://audacity.sorceforge.net

the correct URL for that software is http://audacity.sourceforge.net
'sorceforge' (without the U) is just a big advertisement page.

william.

Rose

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 03:19:39 GMT, "Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone recommend some free software for editing audio files on a PC?
>I'm looking for something that allows you to select bits of one song, copy
>it and paste it to another song. Something that can create megamix style
>tracks.
>Any suggestions appreciated.
>If you reply to me outside the NG please remove the no spam filter from my
>email address.
>
>Thanks
>Gary

When you say "paste onto another song" do you mean that you want to be
able to hear both the pasted copy and the original song together or
you essentially put a blank space in the song and paste your selection
into that song?

I have done this using the simple voice recorder program that came
with my computer but it is in wave format.

Rose
The "ShoutOut" Page!
http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/shoutout.htm