Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Need help with dial-up to ISP

Need help with dial-up to ISP

Fred J

Idon't know what happened I can not set up a connection to my ISP when I try
to do it with
the wizard after I check Setup my connections manually and click next the
Connect using
a Dial-up modem is grayed out then I get a message "Cannot load the Remote
Access connection manger service. I opened the Services and opened the
Remote access connection manager and I see the service status is Stopped
when I try to change it to "Started" I get a message"Error 711 : a
configuration error on this computer is preventing
this connection. I do not know how to solve this problem, would appreciate
if somebody
would help me. Thanks

Fred J

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u4And.54529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Idon't know what happened I can not set up a connection to my ISP when I
> try to do it with
> the wizard after I check Setup my connections manually and click next the
> Connect using
> a Dial-up modem is grayed out then I get a message "Cannot load the Remote
> Access connection manger service. I opened the Services and opened the
> Remote access connection manager and I see the service status is Stopped
> when I try to change it to "Started" I get a message"Error 711 : a
> configuration error on this computer is preventing
> this connection. I do not know how to solve this problem, would appreciate
> if somebody
> would help me. Thanks
>My OS is Wind XP Pro

Thagor

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:u4And.54529$(E-Mail Removed):

> Idon't know what happened I can not set up a connection to my ISP when
> I try to do it with
> the wizard after I check Setup my connections manually and click next
> the Connect using
> a Dial-up modem is grayed out then I get a message "Cannot load the
> Remote Access connection manger service. I opened the Services and
> opened the Remote access connection manager and I see the service
> status is Stopped when I try to change it to "Started" I get a
> message"Error 711 : a configuration error on this computer is
> preventing this connection. I do not know how to solve this problem,
> would appreciate if somebody
> would help me. Thanks

If you haven't installed anything new recently, it sounds like the modem
is malfunctioning. Just a guess but you could check the simple stuff
first like tele wire connections and then the device manager for the
modem status. Probably would be worth a try to re-load the driver for it
then rebuild the connectoid.

Thor

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u4And.54529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Idon't know what happened I can not set up a connection to my ISP when I
> try to do it with
> the wizard after I check Setup my connections manually and click next the
> Connect using
> a Dial-up modem is grayed out then I get a message "Cannot load the Remote
> Access connection manger service. I opened the Services and opened the
> Remote access connection manager and I see the service status is Stopped
> when I try to change it to "Started" I get a message"Error 711 : a
> configuration error on this computer is preventing
> this connection. I do not know how to solve this problem, would appreciate
> if somebody
> would help me. Thanks

make sure that the "telephony", "plug and play", and "remote procedure call"
services are not disabled. Remote connection manager depends on those
services.

Jim Berwick

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> make sure that the "telephony", "plug and play", and "remote procedure
> call" services are not disabled. Remote connection manager depends on
> those services.

If that doesn't fix it, reinstalling SP1 (assuming that the OP already has
it) should fix this problem. Another symptom of this problem is when doing
the new connection wizard, dialup modem is not an option (just broadband
with and without login). Also try this:

Not the exact error, but very similar symptoms and it could well fix the
problem.