Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > annoying recruiter- what can i do about it?

Reply
Thread Tools

annoying recruiter- what can i do about it?

 
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2004
Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
(www.oxfordcorp.com). To start off with, she always calls me on an
Unknown number so I'll pick up the phone, which is very annoying!
Each time she calls me, I've found that she is only trying to solicit
information from me on who I can refer to her, and worse, try to get
full info on the F/T guys that I am working with currently (this
ranges from Jr. developers to even the Sr. mangers). I am finding
this very unethical and extremely annoying, and I am getting close to
a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
aginst them?

Tim
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2004

>I am getting close to
> a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
> and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
> even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
> aginst them?


You are getting "close" to telling her this? For crying out loud Tim, just
TELL her that you do not wish to be bothered again. At least in the US, they
must abide by such a request by law. Better yet, if you are in the US, put
your number on the national "do not call" registry. It's quite effective at
stopping telephone solicitors.

www.donotcall.gov


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2004
Thor wrote:
>
> your number on the national "do not call" registry. It's quite effective at
> stopping telephone solicitors.


Effective, but only somewhat effective.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Greg O
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2004

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
> experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
> before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
> with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
> few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
> from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
> (www.oxfordcorp.com).



Do what I do, HANG UP! As soon as you find out who it is, HANG UP!
Greg


 
Reply With Quote
 
The One
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-18-2004

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
> experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
> before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
> with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
> few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
> from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
> (www.oxfordcorp.com). To start off with, she always calls me on an
> Unknown number so I'll pick up the phone, which is very annoying!
> Each time she calls me, I've found that she is only trying to solicit
> information from me on who I can refer to her, and worse, try to get
> full info on the F/T guys that I am working with currently (this
> ranges from Jr. developers to even the Sr. mangers). I am finding
> this very unethical and extremely annoying, and I am getting close to
> a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
> and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
> even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
> aginst them?
>

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


 
Reply With Quote
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:419d1d4a$1$82984$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thor wrote:
>>
>> your number on the national "do not call" registry. It's quite effective
>> at
>> stopping telephone solicitors.

>
> Effective, but only somewhat effective.
>
>


Was almost 100% effective for me. Used to get 3-4 calls per day, now I
rarely get more than a couple per month. The effect was dramatic.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Internet Traveler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
Purchase an answering machine...


"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
> experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
> before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
> with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
> few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
> from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
> (www.oxfordcorp.com). To start off with, she always calls me on an
> Unknown number so I'll pick up the phone, which is very annoying!
> Each time she calls me, I've found that she is only trying to solicit
> information from me on who I can refer to her, and worse, try to get
> full info on the F/T guys that I am working with currently (this
> ranges from Jr. developers to even the Sr. mangers). I am finding
> this very unethical and extremely annoying, and I am getting close to
> a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
> and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
> even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
> aginst them?
>
> Tim



 
Reply With Quote
 
The One
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
Hire a secretary

"Internet Traveler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Purchase an answering machine...
>
>
> "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Hi I am senior consultant with over 10 years of independent consulting
>> experience under my belt. This is something I never experienced
>> before and I am curious to know if anyone else had similar experiences
>> with this firm as I have (I did a google search and already found a
>> few bad reviews). For the past few months, I've been getting calls
>> from a certain recruiter from an agency called Oxford corporation
>> (www.oxfordcorp.com). To start off with, she always calls me on an
>> Unknown number so I'll pick up the phone, which is very annoying!
>> Each time she calls me, I've found that she is only trying to solicit
>> information from me on who I can refer to her, and worse, try to get
>> full info on the F/T guys that I am working with currently (this
>> ranges from Jr. developers to even the Sr. mangers). I am finding
>> this very unethical and extremely annoying, and I am getting close to
>> a point in telling her I want to have nothing to do with her company
>> and have them remove me off their data base! Can someone tell me if is
>> even possible? And is there a place where I can lodge a complain
>> aginst them?
>>
>> Tim

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
WebWalker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
Politely tell her that you going to use F word and hard voice if she
keep on calling you

--
WebWalker
 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-19-2004
WebWalker wrote:
>
> Politely tell her that you going to use F word and hard voice if she
> keep on calling you


Better yet, ask her what she is wearing...then go on from there

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoying URL behaviour in Firefox 1.0 WordUP Firefox 4 01-23-2005 09:33 PM
annoying SP2 wireless problem =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= Wireless Networking 1 08-16-2004 10:16 PM
Annoying Bug Repo Man Firefox 7 09-25-2003 10:55 PM
seriously ANNOYING problems with Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 Astromannix Firefox 1 08-13-2003 09:03 AM
Annoying Mail message box Steve Firefox 2 08-05-2003 05:53 PM



Advertisments