Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Google Desktop Search

Google Desktop Search

Brian Zurawski

Anybody else using this? I think its great. I can scan my drive in 1 or
2 seconds for any file.

I use it at work to find a document with specific words in. Kinda like
the windows search but it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to scan your drive.

Brian

dan

I use it. Got it yesterday. Haven't had much of a need for it yet, but I'm
sure it can come in useful.
"Brian Zurawski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nB0nd.8857$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anybody else using this? I think its great. I can scan my drive in 1 or 2
> seconds for any file.
>
> I use it at work to find a document with specific words in. Kinda like the
> windows search but it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to scan your drive.
>
> Brian

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=

dan wrote:
> I use it. Got it yesterday. Haven't had much of a need for it yet, but I'm
> sure it can come in useful.
> "Brian Zurawski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:nB0nd.8857$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Anybody else using this? I think its great. I can scan my drive in 1 or 2
>>seconds for any file.
>>
>>I use it at work to find a document with specific words in. Kinda like the
>>windows search but it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to scan your drive.

You can integrate Google Desktop into Google.com so that when you search
Google, it will also automatically search your PC using Google Desktop
and present you with any results right up the top )

Yours Sincerely,
SamuŽl ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Brian Zurawski wrote:

> Anybody else using this? I think its great. I can scan my drive in 1 or
> 2 seconds for any file.
>
> I use it at work to find a document with specific words in. Kinda like
> the windows search but it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to scan your drive.
>
> Brian

I've set mine using Zone Alarm to deny Google access totally to the
internet. I have read the privacy policy and they say that it wont
transmit "personal information" and give a couple of examples, but it is
not entirely explicit, and I think the T&C offer enough room for
maneuver on Google's part, to look at what I'm searching for.

But it works without internet access.