Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Hard Drive advice

Hard Drive advice

johanna

Just bought a new computer. I wanted to take the hard drive out of the old
computer and add it to the new one. I would like to know if that is doable. I
am concerned because I have my old O/S on the old drive. Will this cause any
problems for me. The reason I want to do this is because I need some of the
files I left on there.
Any advise would be appreciated

Brian Zurawski

You can change the jumper on the drive and make it a slave. Then you can
use the new drive and view the contents of the old drive.

or, I just did this last week. I bought a new 80gig drive from Maxtor
and I used the MaxBlast CD (This duplicated my old drive in about an hour)

Brian Z

johanna wrote:
> Just bought a new computer. I wanted to take the hard drive out of the old
> computer and add it to the new one. I would like to know if that is doable. I
> am concerned because I have my old O/S on the old drive. Will this cause any
> problems for me. The reason I want to do this is because I need some of the
> files I left on there.
> Any advise would be appreciated

bmoag

You can even use your old drive as your primary drive if you prefer. However
if you are using XP you will have to reactivate, usually requiring a long,
tedious call to the Microsoft center in India.

johanna

That was great advise ,,, I did exactly as you said and it works wonderful.
thanks a mil

Nascar24Rulz

there is a program on the web to fool the xp activation in seconds

Plato

Nascar24Rulz wrote:

> there is a program on the web to fool the xp activation in seconds

yep

frank ashton

what is it called & where does it live?
news:(E-Mail Removed)...