Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Mouse and Monitor lock up

Mouse and Monitor lock up

Mike Barnes

Running Windows 98, mouse ( Logitech) and monitor just lockup and I have to
reboot. any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike

frank ashton

get another mouse if that work sgive the other one to the cat
"Mike Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Iopmd.29891$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Running Windows 98, mouse ( Logitech) and monitor just lockup and I have

> reboot. any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Mike

Mike Barnes

thanks Frank, but my cat is spoiled, she doesn't like plastic
"frank ashton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HuEmd.39112$(E-Mail Removed)...
> get another mouse if that work sgive the other one to the cat
> "Mike Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Iopmd.29891$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Running Windows 98, mouse ( Logitech) and monitor just lockup and I have

> > reboot. any ideas?
> > Thanks,
> > Mike

Brian Zurawski

Mike Barnes wrote:
> Running Windows 98, mouse ( Logitech) and monitor just lockup and I have to
> reboot. any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Mike

Get rid of Windows 98.

The One

"Brian Zurawski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:56Kmd.8817$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike Barnes wrote:
>> Running Windows 98, mouse ( Logitech) and monitor just lockup and I have
>> reboot. any ideas?
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>>

> Get rid of Windows 98.

****ing hell, tut ****ing tut, yeah get rid of it and work from DOS ****ing
hell.

James Hanley

"Mike Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Iopmd.29891$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> Running Windows 98, mouse ( Logitech) and monitor just lockup and I have to
> reboot. any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Mike

You're probably using a USB mouse on an old motherboard. Older
motherboards sometimes don't support USB mice and keyboards very well.
Best to use a PS2 mouse and keyboard.
the other thing that causes that is an issue with USB and power
management settings. So switch power management off too.

All issues are solved if you use a Ps2 mouse and keyboard.

frank ashton

you need to write the full story to get any proper help .what do you mean
the monitor freezes etc.etc