Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Finding lost data????

Finding lost data????

jazu

Hi
If HD wasn't formated yet, is it possible to restore deleted or moved files.
Those file are not in recycle bin anymore.
thanks
jazu

bambam

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:41:17 -0800, jazu wrote:

> Hi
> If HD wasn't formated yet, is it possible to restore deleted or moved
> files. Those file are not in recycle bin anymore.

Sometimes.

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/sy...arecovery.html

I like restoration, no install and will run from a floppy.

jazu

"bambam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:41:17 -0800, jazu wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> If HD wasn't formated yet, is it possible to restore deleted or moved
>> files. Those file are not in recycle bin anymore.

> Sometimes.
>
> http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/sy...arecovery.html

Thank you.
Maybe you can help me more.
I restored some zip files. Size look like is ok, but when I try to open it I
have msg about corrupted or invalid zip file.
Can be this file somehow open?
thanks
jazu

colin

jazu <nospam> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "bambam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:41:17 -0800, jazu wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> If HD wasn't formated yet, is it possible to restore deleted or moved
> >> files. Those file are not in recycle bin anymore.

> > Sometimes.
> >
> > http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/sy...arecovery.html
> >

> Thank you.
> Maybe you can help me more.
> I restored some zip files. Size look like is ok, but when I try to open it

> have msg about corrupted or invalid zip file.
> Can be this file somehow open?
> thanks
> jazu

Winrar has an option to repair corrupted zip/rar/exe/etc compressed files,
that *might* fix yours.

http://www.rarlab.com/ (homepage)
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar341.exe (winrar)

Eric