Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Translating Foreign Language into English for Software

Translating Foreign Language into English for Software

Howard Sage

We bought an HP photosmart 7760 printer. The software to install it
came in English but our computer is "translating" it into French. What
command is making nearly all directions appear in French, even when
prepared in English, and how can I reverse it? Thanks in advance.

Wizard

Reinstall the software and this time make sure you choose ENGLISH.

Howard Sage wrote:

> We bought an HP photosmart 7760 printer. The software to install it
> came in English but our computer is "translating" it into French. What
> command is making nearly all directions appear in French, even when
> prepared in English, and how can I reverse it? Thanks in advance.

Howard Sage

There was no option during the installation process to choose *any*
language. The problem seems to original in what was installed or
selected in the computer *before* purchasing this software. Any
suggestions?