Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Install Windows 2000?

Install Windows 2000?

Gordon

Jack Barrett wrote:
> I have a friends PC which I am fixing and wiping the HD clean.
> They had Windows ME.
> Is it worth it to install Windows 2000?
> It would be more stable and faster than ME.
> They just do basic applications and emailing at home.
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

ANYTHING is better than Windows ME!

Jack Barrett

I have a friends PC which I am fixing and wiping the HD clean.
They had Windows ME.
Is it worth it to install Windows 2000?
It would be more stable and faster than ME.
They just do basic applications and emailing at home.
Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Jack Barrett
My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

°Mike°

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:07:54 GMT, in
<upLld.3739$(E-Mail Removed)>
Jack Barrett scrawled:

>I have a friends PC which I am fixing and wiping the HD clean.
>They had Windows ME.
>Is it worth it to install Windows 2000?
>It would be more stable and faster than ME.
>They just do basic applications and emailing at home.
>Suggestions welcome.
>
>Thanks,

Even Windows 98SE is better than Millennium. Go for it.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
14 Nov 2004 16:07:54 GMT, "Jack Barrett" <(E-Mail Removed)>
screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

>I have a friends PC which I am fixing and wiping the HD clean.
>They had Windows ME.
>Is it worth it to install Windows 2000?
>It would be more stable and faster than ME.
>They just do basic applications and emailing at home.
>Suggestions welcome.
>
>Thanks,

Windows ME was a mess. You answered your own question when you said it
would be faster and more stable. THough it would run (though not very
well) on 128 megs of RAM, I would advise having at least 256 megs of
RAM on the machine.

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor