Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer HANG

Computer HANG

news

My computer just hang everytime I play video or audio for a while. This
happen randomly.
when it hangs, I cannot move anything, not even the mouse !

Can anyone tell me whats the problem?

I changed the video card, Power supply, CPU Fan, already, no improvement.

THANKS!!!

Mark Mandell

"news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41974788$0$2681$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> My computer just hang everytime I play video or audio for a while. This
> happen randomly.
> when it hangs, I cannot move anything, not even the mouse !
>
> Can anyone tell me whats the problem?
>
> I changed the video card, Power supply, CPU Fan, already, no improvement.
>
> THANKS!!!

Maybe insufficient RAM or too many programs running in the background at the
same time or the RAM itself may have become faulty.

Jerry G.

A big cause of this in the order of cause, is either not enough RAM,
defective RAM, not enough cache space, or a conflicting software that is
running in the background.

--

Jerry G.
======

"news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41974788$0$2681$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> My computer just hang everytime I play video or audio for a while. This
> happen randomly.
> when it hangs, I cannot move anything, not even the mouse !
>
> Can anyone tell me whats the problem?
>
> I changed the video card, Power supply, CPU Fan, already, no improvement.
>
> THANKS!!!

news

Thank you Jerry, and Mark for your reply.
Lets assume it is caused by defective Ram.
I have 2x 512MB DDR333 Ram.

How can I be sure? is that any program that can check it?

"Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A big cause of this in the order of cause, is either not enough RAM,
>defective RAM, not enough cache space, or a conflicting software that is
>running in the background.
>
> --
>
> Jerry G.
> ======
>
> "news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41974788$0$2681$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> My computer just hang everytime I play video or audio for a while. This
>> happen randomly.
>> when it hangs, I cannot move anything, not even the mouse !
>>
>> Can anyone tell me whats the problem?
>>
>> I changed the video card, Power supply, CPU Fan, already, no improvement.
>>
>> THANKS!!!

Thor

"news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41982889$0$6422$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Thank you Jerry, and Mark for your reply.
> Lets assume it is caused by defective Ram.
> I have 2x 512MB DDR333 Ram.
>
> How can I be sure? is that any program that can check it?

you can check RAM with software disganostics, (such as the free memtest86
program) and get a pretty reasonable analysis, but in your case, if you
don't want to go to that trouble, you could simply remove one of your two
modules and see of the problem persists. If it does, remove the remaining
module and put the other in it's place, and test again. If the problem still
persists, it's unlikely to be a memory fault (make sure to try different
memory slots as well).

news

Actually last night, I discovered something. I have opened a link to a
little flash game that people send me on Email. It is just a normal flash
game, and everytime I play this game approx within 5mins the system fails
and freeze(lock up). This happen quite consistence, so I decided to test
the system with this game, since it can give me consistence result I
found that the CPU usage is relatively high when the system freezes. (and
memory usage is very low) At the moment, I presume that this "system lock
up" is caused by the failure of the CPU.

I will run the memory test tonight, and just wondering if there is a CPU
tester?

My CPU has been overheat a few times before, due to the old heat sink that
it has, but this hanging problem occure before this overheating anyways....
but i just changed the heat sink a few weeks ago, the temp droped down
10degree celcius, but hanging problem still occure...
sigh...

Thank you very much !

Alpha

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41982889$0$6422$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Thank you Jerry, and Mark for your reply.
>> Lets assume it is caused by defective Ram.
>> I have 2x 512MB DDR333 Ram.
>>
>> How can I be sure? is that any program that can check it?

> you can check RAM with software disganostics, (such as the free memtest86
> program) and get a pretty reasonable analysis, but in your case, if you
> don't want to go to that trouble, you could simply remove one of your two
> modules and see of the problem persists. If it does, remove the remaining
> module and put the other in it's place, and test again. If the problem
> still persists, it's unlikely to be a memory fault (make sure to try
> different memory slots as well).

Nascar24Rulz

go to pcpitstop.com and register which is free, and then do a full system
test...i use the site all the time

news

Did a memtest3.1 , 11pass, no fail.

Alpha