Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Ghost 9 and restoring to raid

Ghost 9 and restoring to raid

ABSPC

I've got an ABS PC Ultimate M5^64 and the main drives and OS are on the
raid. It has an ata back up drive too. When restoring with PowerQuest Drive
image 7 or Ghost 9 which is drive image 7, but Symantecs name on it, it
doesn't see the raid, only the ata.

So how do I make a recovery disc and restore it on this type of pc? durring
boot it says to hit f6 for raid drivers, but then it says they are already
built into windows. and i choose to use the raid disc that i got with my pc,
but still ghost 9 only sees the ata drive.

the main drives which are raid is the western digital 10k rpm 36gb sata
drive.

JD

ABSPC wrote:
> I've got an ABS PC Ultimate M5^64 and the main drives and OS are on the
> raid. It has an ata back up drive too. When restoring with PowerQuest Drive
> image 7 or Ghost 9 which is drive image 7, but Symantecs name on it, it
> doesn't see the raid, only the ata.
>
> So how do I make a recovery disc and restore it on this type of pc? durring
> boot it says to hit f6 for raid drivers, but then it says they are already
> built into windows. and i choose to use the raid disc that i got with my pc,
> but still ghost 9 only sees the ata drive.
>
> the main drives which are raid is the western digital 10k rpm 36gb sata
> drive.

Ive recently installed a raid system and I know exactly what you are
talking about but im not sure how these windows drivers work .. i know
they come in 9x,2000,2003,xp and nt formats but im unsure if they are
operating system independent if they were usable under dos it would be a
case of simply making a dos bootdisk that boots your sata driver up
(like what you do with usb drives and network installs) but I think the
easiest thing to do is just make backups of your important data and
reinstall the os .. I haven't even started messing around with this yet
... but im more than sure i will be in the near future .. let us know how
you get on with it

JD

JD wrote:
> ABSPC wrote:
>
>> I've got an ABS PC Ultimate M5^64 and the main drives and OS are on
>> the raid. It has an ata back up drive too. When restoring with
>> PowerQuest Drive image 7 or Ghost 9 which is drive image 7, but
>> Symantecs name on it, it doesn't see the raid, only the ata.
>>
>> So how do I make a recovery disc and restore it on this type of pc?
>> durring boot it says to hit f6 for raid drivers, but then it says they
>> are already built into windows. and i choose to use the raid disc that
>> i got with my pc, but still ghost 9 only sees the ata drive.
>>
>> the main drives which are raid is the western digital 10k rpm 36gb
>> sata drive.
>>

> Ive recently installed a raid system and I know exactly what you are
> talking about but im not sure how these windows drivers work .. i know
> they come in 9x,2000,2003,xp and nt formats but im unsure if they are
> operating system independent if they were usable under dos it would be a
> case of simply making a dos bootdisk that boots your sata driver up
> (like what you do with usb drives and network installs) but I think the
> easiest thing to do is just make backups of your important data and
> reinstall the os .. I haven't even started messing around with this yet
> .. but im more than sure i will be in the near future .. let us know how
> you get on with it

Well just to keep you guys informed .. ive worked out how to get Ghost
working with Sata Raid setups .. it wasent that hard actually .. just
need to play around with some aspiXXX.sys files