Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > list of photos in a database or spreadsheet?

list of photos in a database or spreadsheet?

Howie

My wife and I have a pile of digital photos that we have named accordingly.
My question:

How can we compile a list of these photos without having to type them into a
database or spreadsheet? Can we somehow transfer a folder's file names into
a database or spreadsheet?

Howie

Drifter

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:02:21 -0600, "Howie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My wife and I have a pile of digital photos that we have named accordingly.
>My question:
>
>How can we compile a list of these photos without having to type them into a
>database or spreadsheet? Can we somehow transfer a folder's file names into
>a database or spreadsheet?
>
>Howie

There has been quite a discussion about this on rec.photo.digital.
You might want to re-ask this question there.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."

colin

Howie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My wife and I have a pile of digital photos that we have named

accordingly.
> My question:
>
> How can we compile a list of these photos without having to type them into

> database or spreadsheet? Can we somehow transfer a folder's file names

into
> a database or spreadsheet?
>
> Howie

command prompt
dir >directory.txt
Sends the directory listing for the current directory to a file called
"directory.txt":

dir /s >directory.txt
Sends the directory listing for the current directory and any files within
sub-directories to a file called "directory.txt":

dir /?
For help

Note: Any longfilenames are truncated to longfile~1

Kenny

Useful little free program.
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

--