Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with LCD monitor

Problem with LCD monitor

JTJersey

I've got a VISON 17" Flat Panel LCD that has worked flawlessly for the
last year and a half, but recently when I go to boot up the screen flashes
on for a couple of seconds and then goes black. It only does this
intermittantly and it's never gone black while in use. I pulled the video
card and cleaned the contacts and checked the connections. Could the
video card or the power switch on the monitor be going bad, or should I be
looking for a new monitor?

Duane Arnold

JTJersey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:t1fjd.21594$(E-Mail Removed):

> I've got a VISON 17" Flat Panel LCD that has worked flawlessly for the
> last year and a half, but recently when I go to boot up the screen
> flashes on for a couple of seconds and then goes black. It only does
> this intermittantly and it's never gone black while in use. I pulled
> the video card and cleaned the contacts and checked the connections.
> Could the video card or the power switch on the monitor be going bad,
> or should I be looking for a new monitor?

Extended warranty is not a bad thing for big ticket purchases. Ok store
where the purchased was made either fix it or replace it.

Duane