Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > 2 CDroms : how can I tell which is slave/master?

2 CDroms : how can I tell which is slave/master?

Paul

I have a CDrom in both D drive and E drive, and I've a suspicion they
may not be configured correctly. I want to check it.

When the PC is booting up, there is all that white text on a black
background (MS-DOS?) and I have seen 2 lines mentioning Slave & Master
shoot by, but it's SO quick I can't read the whole line! Seriously,
it's like lightening!

Is there any way I can break in and pause these messages? If not, is
there anywhere in Windows where it will tell me?

Any help really appreciated!

Thanks
Paul

Olfart

Hit the Pause/Break key to stop it.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a CDrom in both D drive and E drive, and I've a suspicion they
> may not be configured correctly. I want to check it.
>
> When the PC is booting up, there is all that white text on a black
> background (MS-DOS?) and I have seen 2 lines mentioning Slave & Master
> shoot by, but it's SO quick I can't read the whole line! Seriously,
> it's like lightening!
>
> Is there any way I can break in and pause these messages? If not, is
> there anywhere in Windows where it will tell me?
>
> Any help really appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Ross Durie