Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Outlook Express problem

Outlook Express problem

Gerry

Hi,
Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to recieve
my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the settings have
changed again !!
Any ideas ???

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=

Gerry wrote:
> Hi,
> Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
> change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to recieve
> my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the settings have
> changed again !!
> Any ideas ???

Have you tried closing Outlook Express properly before restarting the PC?

I tried doing a quick search on google for you but find nothing relevant
to this. All I can think of is something not shutting down properly
before the shut down of the PC.

Yours Sincerely,
Samuėl ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html

Thor

You either have an anti-spam filter program that requires those settings, or
an antivirus program that uses those settings to scan your incoming mail.
It's how such a program redirects the incoming mail to itself first, and
then passes it to the email client via that localhost IP address.

"Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cmi3sv$qrr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
> change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to
> recieve my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the
> settings have changed again !!
> Any ideas ???

Gerry

I have had the full Mcafee package running for 6 months, i haven't changed
any settings it just started to do this last week !!!!????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You either have an anti-spam filter program that requires those settings,
> or an antivirus program that uses those settings to scan your incoming
> mail. It's how such a program redirects the incoming mail to itself first,
> and then passes it to the email client via that localhost IP address.
>

> ..
> "Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cmi3sv$qrr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
>> change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to
>> recieve my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the
>> settings have changed again !!
>> Any ideas ???

Thor

still you have some program that is setting that IP address so as to reroute
your email through it before it gets to your email client. Try disabling
email protection in Mcafee and see if you can change the server name, and
make it stick. otherwise, start looking for a program that is running in the
background that is changing your settings.

"Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cminmf$r0m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have had the full Mcafee package running for 6 months, i haven't changed
>any settings it just started to do this last week !!!!????
> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You either have an anti-spam filter program that requires those settings,
>> or an antivirus program that uses those settings to scan your incoming
>> mail. It's how such a program redirects the incoming mail to itself
>> first, and then passes it to the email client via that localhost IP
>> address.
>>

>> ..
>> "Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:cmi3sv$qrr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>> Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
>>> change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to
>>> recieve my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the
>>> settings have changed again !!
>>> Any ideas ???

k35454

"Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cmi3sv$qrr$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi,
Everytime I switch my pc on the settings in OE - 'incoming mail' (pop3)
change to this 127.0.0.1, i change it back to mail.btinternet.com to recieve
my mail but then when i switch the pc off, then on again the settings have
changed again !!
Any ideas ???

Try: Outlook Express>Tools>Options>Connection>Change>Settings>P roxy
Service. UNCHECK. k35454