Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > FAX Machine Newbie

FAX Machine Newbie

Iowa883

Ok,
I am really dumb to this fax machine world. Well, I need to get one for my
business . I would like to keep the same ph. number right now as my ph line.
It won't be used very much right now so, I not worried about it tieing up my
phone.
Does the ph. company add any extra charges to use a fax machine or do they
even know you are using it ?
What kind of specs should I look for when purchasing one ?

Any / All info. would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Iowa883

Chet

No extra charges for using a phone line for data, whether it's computer or
fax.

You can buy gadgetry that will recognize that an incoming call is fax (based
on the beep beep signals) and let the fax answer.

If the volume is expected to be low, you might want to consider using your
computer as the fax machine. The incoming can go to a file that you print
if you want on your existing printer.

"Iowa883" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cmglr8$ma4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok,
> I am really dumb to this fax machine world. Well, I need to get one for my
> business . I would like to keep the same ph. number right now as my ph

line.
> It won't be used very much right now so, I not worried about it tieing up

my
> phone.
> Does the ph. company add any extra charges to use a fax machine or do they
> even know you are using it ?
> What kind of specs should I look for when purchasing one ?
>
> Any / All info. would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Iowa883

Iowa883

How do I find directions on how to use it as a FAX machine ? I am using
windows 98 if that matters .
Thanks,
Iowa883

"Chet" <chartley(nospam)(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> No extra charges for using a phone line for data, whether it's computer or
> fax.
>
> You can buy gadgetry that will recognize that an incoming call is fax

(based
> on the beep beep signals) and let the fax answer.
>
> If the volume is expected to be low, you might want to consider using your
> computer as the fax machine. The incoming can go to a file that you print
> if you want on your existing printer.
>
> "Iowa883" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cmglr8$ma4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ok,
> > I am really dumb to this fax machine world. Well, I need to get one for

my
> > business . I would like to keep the same ph. number right now as my ph

> line.
> > It won't be used very much right now so, I not worried about it tieing

up
> my
> > phone.
> > Does the ph. company add any extra charges to use a fax machine or do

they
> > even know you are using it ?
> > What kind of specs should I look for when purchasing one ?
> >
> > Any / All info. would greatly be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Iowa883

Iowa883

I found and setup Quicklink but I need to send an attachment and I can't get
it to work right. My preview says that it is 738 pages long ! Wouldn't they
be happy if I sent it ? It is like putting one character on a page.
Iowa883

news:cmgrog$oft$(E-Mail Removed)...