Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Icy Box 3.5" USB Enclosure Problems (XP)

Re: Icy Box 3.5" USB Enclosure Problems (XP)

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> kadickless <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Let me ask you some really stupid questions...

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask
remains a fool forever.

>Does the device show up in Device Manager? Does the device show up in Disk
>Manager? And has it been assigned a drive letter in Disk Manager? If the
>device does show up in Device Manager, has it been correctly identified as a
>device with the same name as indicated in the instruction manual? For
>example.

And has it been assigned a drive letter in disk manager.

>Some more really stupid questions that I'm inclined to ask, include...

Why does it make you curious to be inclined to ask?

>Did you just plug the device in without following the instruction manual?
>Does the instruction manual tell you not to plug the device in before
>don't need at all because everything else is working fine? Does the
>instruction manual explicitly tell you to cancel XP's auto-installation
>wizard and clearly instruct you to do something else instead? For example.

For example.

>If and when you get around to dealing with those really stupid questions, I
>have some more questions that you will find unbearably stupid. Like, what
>the **** do you think manufacturers write manuals and create driver CD's
>for, you stupid ****? For example.

Will you say more about your dreams?

--
Lady Chatterly

"Note that "Lady Chatterly" (or rather, her programmer) has made a
special point of including your comments about both the AHM regs in
general and Meat->Plow in particular in her quote compendium." --
Pinku Sensei

Fred

Lady Chatterly wrote:

> He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
> a fool forever.

Well, everyone, probably.

> Why does it make you curious to be inclined to ask?

Who knows? Who cares?

> For example.

Is that all you think about, is sex?

> Will you say more about your dreams?