Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: AD-Aware error.

Re: AD-Aware error.

Adriano

>uninstall. It may be corrupt. Also try downloading the latest reference file
>from Lavasoft and manually put the reference file in the folder, rather than
>allowing the Adaware program to download it.

I'm sorry but I don't see a folder with the reference file.
Where have to put it, please?
I have AD-Aware v.6 Pro build 183
Can you tell me if it is the latest version? Or can you tell me if
where I have to download the latest Pro trial version?
Thanks

Thor

the reference file "defs.def" goes in the adaware folder.

"Adriano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >uninstall. It may be corrupt. Also try downloading the latest reference
> >file
>>from Lavasoft and manually put the reference file in the folder, rather
>>than
>>allowing the Adaware program to download it.

> I'm sorry but I don't see a folder with the reference file.
> Where have to put it, please?
> I have AD-Aware v.6 Pro build 183
> Can you tell me if it is the latest version? Or can you tell me if
> where I have to download the latest Pro trial version?
> Thanks

Lloyd Jones

I don't think he knows where it is Thor.

Doesn't matter what version of Ad-Aware you have this is the folder you need
to locate:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft

LJ

Lloyd Jones

In my case I run Ad-aware Pro Se, in any version there is no folder named
Reference file or some sort. It will be in the main folder.

In my case:
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional

LJ