Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dell Latitude C600 laptop will not boot

Dell Latitude C600 laptop will not boot

GT Grand Prix 00

I have a Dell Latitude C600 laptop that will not boot. I installed Windows XP
and it worked fine for a few days. All of a sudden the comp would not
boot…telling me no bootable devices found. It would boot randomly when it
wanted to. I used XP recovery console to boot the comp. I removed SP 2 and it
would boot, but functions were limited…for example….I couldn't copy files
that I saved to disk. I formatted c drive and reinstalled XP and it worked fine
for 2 days…back to square one. When I was reinstalling, it said that the
files were corrupted and that it repaired the hard disk. Any ideas? Bad hard
drive?

Thor

sounds like it is failing. Make sure the drive's connections are good
though. It's worth checking before you have a new drive put into it.

"GT Grand Prix 00" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Dell Latitude C600 laptop that will not boot. I installed Windows
>XP
> and it worked fine for a few days. All of a sudden the comp would not
> boot.telling me no bootable devices found. It would boot randomly when it
> wanted to. I used XP recovery console to boot the comp. I removed SP 2 and
> it
> would boot, but functions were limited.for example..I couldn't copy files
> that I saved to disk. I formatted c drive and reinstalled XP and it worked
> fine
> for 2 days.back to square one. When I was reinstalling, it said that the
> files were corrupted and that it repaired the hard disk. Any ideas? Bad
> hard
> drive?

GT Grand Prix 00

I am installing a new drive as we speak...thanks for the info

Nascar24Rulz

thanks for the help...installing a new drive was the fix