Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > AD-Aware error.

AD-Aware error.

Adriano

Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
Why, please?
Thanks

bye Adriano

Thor

when you uninstall the program, make sure the original folder is gone
completely. Perhaps the reference file isn't being removed when you
uninstall. It may be corrupt. Also try downloading the latest reference file
from Lavasoft and manually put the reference file in the folder, rather than
allowing the Adaware program to download it.

"Adriano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
> ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
> I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
> Why, please?
> Thanks
>
> bye Adriano

mcp6453

Adriano wrote:

> Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
> ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
> I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
> Why, please?
> Thanks
>
> bye Adriano

We had this problem on a computer that was using the version you are
using, which is outdated. We downloaded and installed the latest version
and have had no further problems.

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> kadickless <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Matt Pascoe wrote:
>> Failing that, run a full virus scan and defragment, your files for
>> Adaware may be lost amongst the fragments.

>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

>And yet again, I ask you, you are telling _me_ that for what reason exactly,
>you ****headed, top-posting nincompoop?

It is better to conceal one's knowledge than to reveal one's
ignorance.

--
Lady Chatterly

"Hahahahahaha.....He has so much bile, he poisons his own, Lady C." --
Hyerdahl1

IAN GARDNER

"Adriano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
> ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
> I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
> Why, please?
> Thanks
>
> bye Adriano

It just happened to me! Go to their website and download the latest patch
(it`s on the front page) then manually cut and paste it into one of the
ad-aware folders. I forget which one but it will work.

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT

IAN GARDNER

"IAN GARDNER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cma4vv$ji9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Adriano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
>> ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
>> I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
>> Why, please?
>> Thanks
>>
>> bye Adriano

> It just happened to me! Go to their website and download the latest patch
> (it`s on the front page) then manually cut and paste it into one of the
> ad-aware folders. I forget which one but it will work.

I`ll answer my own post............

Thankyou Ian. That really helped me. It worked like a treat!
I hate replying to posts with an answer that would really help and the
poster cannot even say `THANKYOU`! Looser.