Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Downloading PDF Files

Downloading PDF Files

Jay Knerr

I am experiencing problems downloading PDF files from any internet sites. I
have the current version of Adobe Reader and have uninstalled and
reinstalled the program several times with no change in my results. The
program itself works fine and will open any PDF file on my hard drive. When
I try to download files off the internet all I get is a white screen with
the red x in the corner. I am running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP home
Edition with all current updates. Any advice on solving this problem will
be greatly appreciated.

colin

Jay Knerr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsi7hd.9331$vJ.4641@trnddc02...
> I am experiencing problems downloading PDF files from any internet sites.

> have the current version of Adobe Reader and have uninstalled and
> reinstalled the program several times with no change in my results. The
> program itself works fine and will open any PDF file on my hard drive.

When
> I try to download files off the internet all I get is a white screen with
> the red x in the corner. I am running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP home
> Edition with all current updates. Any advice on solving this problem will
> be greatly appreciated.

What happens if you right-click the PDF link, and then select `Save Target
A$` ?

Kenny

Right click the PDF file and "save target as" then open it,. much quicker
than waiting for it to download.

Kenny

"Jay Knerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsi7hd.9331$vJ.4641@trnddc02...
> I am experiencing problems downloading PDF files from any internet sites.

> have the current version of Adobe Reader and have uninstalled and
> reinstalled the program several times with no change in my results. The
> program itself works fine and will open any PDF file on my hard drive.

When
> I try to download files off the internet all I get is a white screen with
> the red x in the corner. I am running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP home
> Edition with all current updates. Any advice on solving this problem will
> be greatly appreciated.

Jay Knerr

Right Clicking and using "Save Target As" definitely works and I thank you
for that suggestion. However, I still don't understand why the file won't
open just by clicking on it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right click the PDF file and "save target as" then open it,. much quicker
> than waiting for it to download.
>
> Kenny
>
> "Jay Knerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsi7hd.9331$vJ.4641@trnddc02...
>> I am experiencing problems downloading PDF files from any internet sites.

>> have the current version of Adobe Reader and have uninstalled and
>> reinstalled the program several times with no change in my results. The
>> program itself works fine and will open any PDF file on my hard drive.

> When
>> I try to download files off the internet all I get is a white screen with
>> the red x in the corner. I am running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP home
>> Edition with all current updates. Any advice on solving this problem
>> will
>> be greatly appreciated.

ric

Jay Knerr wrote:

> Right Clicking and using "Save Target As" definitely works and I thank you
> for that suggestion. However, I still don't understand why the file won't
> open just by clicking on it.

Try downloading Acrobat Reader version 5 instead of version 6. Less buggy.