Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Faulty ram - Could it have compromised installation??

Faulty ram - Could it have compromised installation??

Sirius

I've spent quite a while reinstalling XP, updates and various programs on an
old computer (PCchips AT mobo/ Cyrix MII 366 CPU) and now I'm running a
memory test which is showing up errors in the ram. It should be easy enough
to identify and replace the faulty memory module but what about the
installation? - Could the faulty memory mean that files have been copied
wrongly??

derek / nul

If XP is running without crashing, I would say not.

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:06:13 +0100, "Sirius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've spent quite a while reinstalling XP, updates and various programs on an
>old computer (PCchips AT mobo/ Cyrix MII 366 CPU) and now I'm running a
>memory test which is showing up errors in the ram. It should be easy enough
>to identify and replace the faulty memory module but what about the
>installation? - Could the faulty memory mean that files have been copied
>wrongly??

Sirius

derek / nul wrote:
> If XP is running without crashing, I would say not.

Its running fine now. It was rebooting randomly but only whilst online
and replacing the CPU-guzzling micromodem with a nice Hayes ISA modem
seems to have cured that.