Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Lost data on my CDRW

Lost data on my CDRW

Rclrk43

While downloading a file to my cdrw using NERO burning software latest version.
All of of a sudden it seemed to be searching my cdrw and when it got done it
showed my cdrw was full. The cdrw was formatted prior to doing this. And some
of the previous files I had saved were gone. This is the seond time it's
happend. Is this a common problem with cdrws?
Thanks

Thagor

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Rclrk43) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> While downloading a file to my cdrw using NERO burning software latest
> version. All of of a sudden it seemed to be searching my cdrw and when
> it got done it showed my cdrw was full. The cdrw was formatted prior
> to doing this. And some of the previous files I had saved were gone.
> This is the seond time it's happend. Is this a common problem with
> cdrws? Thanks

I've had it happen maybe 3 times over the last year or so using Roxio but
it was always attributed to cheap disks. Once I started buying the better
quality cdrw's the problem went away.

WebWalker

On 30 Oct 2004 19:02:39 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Rclrk43) wrote:

>While downloading a file to my cdrw using NERO burning software latest version.
>All of of a sudden it seemed to be searching my cdrw and when it got done it
>showed my cdrw was full. The cdrw was formatted prior to doing this. And some
>of the previous files I had saved were gone. This is the seond time it's
>happend. Is this a common problem with cdrws?
>Thanks

Usually CD-RW don't need to be formated unless you are using packet
writing such as InCD.

If you are using InCD for your CD-RW then don't use Nero burning
software. Use just Windows Explorer to retrieve, update, copy, save file
to (or from) the CD-RW.

Newbie read the faq of cd burning here :- http://www.cdrfaq.org/

p/s "Nero Buring ROM" do ISO buring and "Nero's InCD" do packet writing.
They are different so don't mix using them.

--
WebWalker

Re: Help Erasing Files on CDRW Disk mousely Computer Support 7 10-01-2004 04:39 AM
CDRW/DVD combo drive some times will not read the CD Wireless Networking 1 07-30-2004 07:15 PM
Do asp.net have ability to access client CDRW/DVDRW? =?Utf-8?B?U2NhcmVjcm93?= ASP .Net 2 01-28-2004 07:36 AM
cdrw problem wayne Computer Support 3 06-30-2003 12:10 PM
Easy CD Creator won't recognize my CDRW's max speed...............help!!! Daveyboy Computer Support 3 06-25-2003 05:37 PM

Advertisments