Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help required re loading windows XP pro

Help required re loading windows XP pro

Tony Peter

I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
way to get out of this or reload ?

Yours desperately!

Tony

ROBERT BROOKS

You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP

rob
"Tony Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2wgd.131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
> would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
> trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
> way to get out of this or reload ?
>
> Yours desperately!
>
> Tony

Tony Peter

system is AMD 450, 128mb ram, 13gb h/d so shold be ok ?

"ROBERT BROOKS" <(E-Mail Removed)@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:2yxgd.168$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP
>
> rob
> "Tony Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d2wgd.131$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
>> would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck
>> on
>> trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any
>> easy
>> way to get out of this or reload ?
>>
>> Yours desperately!
>>
>> Tony

derek / nul

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:33:45 GMT, "Tony Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
>would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
>trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
>way to get out of this or reload ?

It sounds like you have a hardware problem.

derek / nul

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:15:58 GMT, "ROBERT BROOKS"
<(E-Mail Removed)@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP

That is a 'recommendation' only. XP crawls with 32MB of ram

Mark Mandell

"Tony Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2wgd.131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
> would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
> trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
> way to get out of this or reload ?
>
> Yours desperately!
>
> Tony

What exactly does the error message say?

Wizard

and then some!

ROBERT BROOKS wrote:

> You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP
>
> rob
> "Tony Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d2wgd.131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
> > would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
> > trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
> > way to get out of this or reload ?
> >
> > Yours desperately!
> >
> > Tony

WebWalker

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:24:50 GMT, "Tony Peter"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>system is AMD 450, 128mb ram, 13gb h/d so shold be ok ?

I will install Win98SE to that slow machine.
If you insist WinXP, run it in classic mode for usability.

--
WebWalker

Tony Peter

Thanks for all your comments, I have since tried installing from scratch,
however I suspect the disk may be faulty with files missing as I am still
getting the same problem, I think I will now look to "purchase" a "proper"
disk, should I stick with ' 98? My original reason for XP was to be able to
use wireless setup wizard to make setting the network up easier.

Tony

newsJBgd.12123$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...