Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Art file association help needed

Art file association help needed

Rclrk43

I downloaded some files with the Art extension on them, off the internet and
everytime I click on one it asks what do I want to open it with? Such as
Internet explorer, Paint etc. Is there anyway to just set these files so when
I click to open them I don't have to keep going to what do I want to open them
with?
Thanks

Ionizer

"Rclrk43" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I downloaded some files with the Art extension on them, off the internet

and
> everytime I click on one it asks what do I want to open it with? Such as
> Internet explorer, Paint etc. Is there anyway to just set these files

so when
> I click to open them I don't have to keep going to what do I want to

open them
> with?

Right-click one of those files and select "Open with..." Then check the
box to always use that program.

--
Ian.

Rclrk43

>Right-click one of those files and select "Open with..." Then check the
>box to always use that program.
>
>--
>Ian.

I just tried that. And the box that allows me to do that stays grey and won't
let me put a check mark in it? Even when I highlight the file I want to use.
I'm using Win2k.
Thanks