Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Can't access hard drive

Can't access hard drive

Mike the Kiwi

I have two physical hard drives installed on my AMD 1GHz Duron computer, a Maxtor 40GB and a Maxtor 20GB which carry 3 partitions,
CPRIMARY), DSTORAGE), EXP DATA), with partitions C: & E: on the 40GB HDD and D: being the whole 20GB HDD.
Yesterday after running a Global defrag with Vopt v7 a message window appeared instructing me that it would be necessary to run
Chkdsk at next startup for some reason. I allowed it to go ahead and do this, but when it finished the name of D: had changed from
"STORAGE" to "Local Disk", and now if I select D: it tells me that it is not formatted. There seems to be no way I can access any
of the 12GB of information I had on it. Can someone please tell me what happened and if there is any way I can retrieve any data
off of this Hard drive?
Thanks for your help. All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mike the Kiwi