Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > XP appearance all messed up

XP appearance all messed up

EnJay

Hi

I have recently installed a programme called Homebase as part of my business
and the appearance of XP has changed. Firstly the Start button has changed
from XP to Windows Classic as has everything else. I have tried to change
the settings using right click-Proprties etc etc, but I cannot change
anything. When I choose the Appearance tab and click effects to restore the
silver 3D effect of the Taskbar it does nothing even though it is active
(not greyed out).

Can anyone suggext what I can do. Also the programme Homebase was installed
by the company rep (in my presence) and know that he did not make any
changes.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

HF

It seems apparent that the program has done it. but why worry ??Your first
stop is surely the company supplying Homebase.
"EnJay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:clng3f$o20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have recently installed a programme called Homebase as part of my

business
> and the appearance of XP has changed. Firstly the Start button has

changed
> from XP to Windows Classic as has everything else. I have tried to change
> the settings using right click-Proprties etc etc, but I cannot change
> anything. When I choose the Appearance tab and click effects to restore

the
> silver 3D effect of the Taskbar it does nothing even though it is active
> (not greyed out).
>
> Can anyone suggext what I can do. Also the programme Homebase was

installed
> by the company rep (in my presence) and know that he did not make any
> changes.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA

---

Jerry G.

I would call the company that supplies the software you installed and
enquire about this.

The next question is, mostly all the businesses that I deal with use
standard packages such as office, and a descent accounting package such as
Quicken. From what I see, the systems with these are very stable, and
nothing in the operating system is modified.

XP-Pro is on most of our client machines, including our own. Our preference
is the classic look. It is simpler, and more people are used to it.

--

Jerry G.

[...]

Unfortunately it is with a charity. I have contacted the guy who installed
it to see if he has heard of this before. I must admit I had reservations
about XP until I tried it. I prefer the XP look. Anyway, it is only a few
settings that are altered, the computer still works as normal.

Nig

news:(E-Mail Removed)...