Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > New Mouse & Keyboard

New Mouse & Keyboard

John

Hello.

I've got a new Microsoft cordless optical Keyboard & Mouse after
having a Logitech cordless one for quite a while.

Some of my customisable buttons don't work though. In the Getting
Started leaflet it says to goto Programs and either IntelliType Pro or
IntelliPoint software in the Microsoft Keyboard or Mouse folders. I
don't have these folders on my computer, and the keyboard and mouse
came without any disks.

Anyone know if this software is downloadable? The Web/Home button
works fine, but none of the others do.

Apart from that slight issue I am pretty happy with the new keyboard.
I liked the Logitech one a lot but I needed to upgrade. The previous
Mouse needed replacing and I needed a new keyboard with softer keys.
I always preferred Microsoft Mouses, but liked the Logitech Keyboards.

The only thing I don't like on the Microsoft one is the Delete key is
a lot bigger and has there are only 5 buttons in that location now.
The insert key has moved to the bottom of the PrtScn button and I
think I sometimes need to press the F Lock key to active screen
printing which I use a fair bit. Plus the End button has move to the
top right corner so I keep pressing Page Down or Delete instead of the
End button.

The only thing I don't like about the optical mouse is I can't sit
with the mouse in my hand (arms folded) and move the ball with my
finger to navigate around my screen. I always used to sit like that
and never used the mouse mat. People used to wonder how I was doing
that without a mouse as they couldn't see it

It was only about 28 so that's quite good. The Logitech one probably
cost me double that 4 years ago. When you can get the Wireless Laser
Mice for a low price I'll probably upgrade to that as well in another
few years.

Those attachments that go at the bottom of your keyboard though for
resting your hands on, does anybody bother with them? I don't like
them personally and never use them.

Anyway thanks for any help with the buttons/software issue.

John

HF

Software comes with keyboard. Chase your supplier.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I've got a new Microsoft cordless optical Keyboard & Mouse after
> having a Logitech cordless one for quite a while.
>
> Some of my customisable buttons don't work though. In the Getting
> Started leaflet it says to goto Programs and either IntelliType Pro or
> IntelliPoint software in the Microsoft Keyboard or Mouse folders. I
> don't have these folders on my computer, and the keyboard and mouse
> came without any disks.
>
> Anyone know if this software is downloadable? The Web/Home button
> works fine, but none of the others do.
>
> Apart from that slight issue I am pretty happy with the new keyboard.
> I liked the Logitech one a lot but I needed to upgrade. The previous
> Mouse needed replacing and I needed a new keyboard with softer keys.
> I always preferred Microsoft Mouses, but liked the Logitech Keyboards.
>
> The only thing I don't like on the Microsoft one is the Delete key is
> a lot bigger and has there are only 5 buttons in that location now.
> The insert key has moved to the bottom of the PrtScn button and I
> think I sometimes need to press the F Lock key to active screen
> printing which I use a fair bit. Plus the End button has move to the
> top right corner so I keep pressing Page Down or Delete instead of the
> End button.
>
> The only thing I don't like about the optical mouse is I can't sit
> with the mouse in my hand (arms folded) and move the ball with my
> finger to navigate around my screen. I always used to sit like that
> and never used the mouse mat. People used to wonder how I was doing
> that without a mouse as they couldn't see it
>
> It was only about 28 so that's quite good. The Logitech one probably
> cost me double that 4 years ago. When you can get the Wireless Laser
> Mice for a low price I'll probably upgrade to that as well in another
> few years.
>
> Those attachments that go at the bottom of your keyboard though for
> resting your hands on, does anybody bother with them? I don't like
> them personally and never use them.
>
> Anyway thanks for any help with the buttons/software issue.
>
> John

---

Pepperoni

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I've got a new Microsoft cordless optical Keyboard & Mouse after
> having a Logitech cordless one for quite a while.
>
> Some of my customisable buttons don't work though. In the Getting
> Started leaflet it says to goto Programs and either IntelliType Pro or
> IntelliPoint software in the Microsoft Keyboard or Mouse folders. I
> don't have these folders on my computer, and the keyboard and mouse
> came without any disks.
>
> Anyone know if this software is downloadable? The Web/Home button
> works fine, but none of the others do.
>
> Apart from that slight issue I am pretty happy with the new keyboard.
> I liked the Logitech one a lot but I needed to upgrade. The previous
> Mouse needed replacing and I needed a new keyboard with softer keys.
> I always preferred Microsoft Mouses, but liked the Logitech Keyboards.
>
> The only thing I don't like on the Microsoft one is the Delete key is
> a lot bigger and has there are only 5 buttons in that location now.
> The insert key has moved to the bottom of the PrtScn button and I
> think I sometimes need to press the F Lock key to active screen
> printing which I use a fair bit. Plus the End button has move to the
> top right corner so I keep pressing Page Down or Delete instead of the
> End button.
>
> The only thing I don't like about the optical mouse is I can't sit
> with the mouse in my hand (arms folded) and move the ball with my
> finger to navigate around my screen. I always used to sit like that
> and never used the mouse mat. People used to wonder how I was doing
> that without a mouse as they couldn't see it
>
> It was only about 28 so that's quite good. The Logitech one probably
> cost me double that 4 years ago. When you can get the Wireless Laser
> Mice for a low price I'll probably upgrade to that as well in another
> few years.
>
> Those attachments that go at the bottom of your keyboard though for
> resting your hands on, does anybody bother with them? I don't like
> them personally and never use them.
>
> Anyway thanks for any help with the buttons/software issue.
>
> John

Matt Pascoe

Want a lot from a simple keyboard. Maybe should upgrade more important
ingredients of a computer
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I've got a new Microsoft cordless optical Keyboard & Mouse after
> having a Logitech cordless one for quite a while.
>
> Some of my customisable buttons don't work though. In the Getting
> Started leaflet it says to goto Programs and either IntelliType Pro or
> IntelliPoint software in the Microsoft Keyboard or Mouse folders. I
> don't have these folders on my computer, and the keyboard and mouse
> came without any disks.
>
> Anyone know if this software is downloadable? The Web/Home button
> works fine, but none of the others do.
>
> Apart from that slight issue I am pretty happy with the new keyboard.
> I liked the Logitech one a lot but I needed to upgrade. The previous
> Mouse needed replacing and I needed a new keyboard with softer keys.
> I always preferred Microsoft Mouses, but liked the Logitech Keyboards.
>
> The only thing I don't like on the Microsoft one is the Delete key is
> a lot bigger and has there are only 5 buttons in that location now.
> The insert key has moved to the bottom of the PrtScn button and I
> think I sometimes need to press the F Lock key to active screen
> printing which I use a fair bit. Plus the End button has move to the
> top right corner so I keep pressing Page Down or Delete instead of the
> End button.
>
> The only thing I don't like about the optical mouse is I can't sit
> with the mouse in my hand (arms folded) and move the ball with my
> finger to navigate around my screen. I always used to sit like that
> and never used the mouse mat. People used to wonder how I was doing
> that without a mouse as they couldn't see it
>
> It was only about 28 so that's quite good. The Logitech one probably
> cost me double that 4 years ago. When you can get the Wireless Laser
> Mice for a low price I'll probably upgrade to that as well in another
> few years.
>
> Those attachments that go at the bottom of your keyboard though for
> resting your hands on, does anybody bother with them? I don't like
> them personally and never use them.
>
> Anyway thanks for any help with the buttons/software issue.
>
> John

John

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:40:20 +0100, A strange species called "Matt
Pascoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Want a lot from a simple keyboard. Maybe should upgrade more important
>ingredients of a computer

You don't regard a keyboard and mouse as an important ingredient of a
computer???

What other ingredients of my computer should I upgrade? If you let me
know I'll give you a response!

John

John

Thanks guys

John

Matt Pascoe

Sorry I was out of order, I must admit I have bought a brand new 57.99
keyboard with many button functions to go with my Pentium 133 too.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:40:20 +0100, A strange species called "Matt
> Pascoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Want a lot from a simple keyboard. Maybe should upgrade more important
>>ingredients of a computer

> You don't regard a keyboard and mouse as an important ingredient of a
> computer???
>
> What other ingredients of my computer should I upgrade? If you let me
> know I'll give you a response!
>
> John

John

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:20:10 +0100, A strange species called "Matt
Pascoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry I was out of order,

Or perhaps psychic to know what kind of computer I have perhaps?

>I must admit I have bought a brand new 57.99
>keyboard with many button functions to go with my Pentium 133 too.

To coin an american expression "whatEVER!"

John