Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Service Pack 2

Re: Service Pack 2

Fred J

I installed SP2 on my computer and since then my Internet Explorer (6.0.29)
slowed down
very very much but Netscape(7.2) as before works very fast, I prefer IE and
would like to use it,
is there any way to speed up IE? or to uninstall SP2? I defrag. the H.D. but
no change.
My OS Wnd.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.6 ghz. with 384 Ram.

Thor

IE shouldn't have slowed down any. If yours did, then something probably
went awry in the update. Try uninstalling, then reinstalling SP2.

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9vfd.84872$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I installed SP2 on my computer and since then my Internet Explorer (6.0.29)
>slowed down
> very very much but Netscape(7.2) as before works very fast, I prefer IE
> and would like to use it,
> is there any way to speed up IE? or to uninstall SP2? I defrag. the H.D.
> but no change.
> My OS Wnd.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.6 ghz. with 384 Ram.

JD

Fred J wrote:

> I installed SP2 on my computer and since then my Internet Explorer (6.0.29)
> slowed down
> very very much but Netscape(7.2) as before works very fast, I prefer IE and
> would like to use it,
> is there any way to speed up IE? or to uninstall SP2? I defrag. the H.D. but
> no change.
> My OS Wnd.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.6 ghz. with 384 Ram.

Stick with Netscape or switch to Mozilla or firefox it will save you
allot of haste in the long run.

The Ancient One

"JD" <x@x> wrote in message news:417fd356$0$27548$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fred J wrote:
>
>> I installed SP2 on my computer and since then my Internet Explorer
>> (6.0.29) slowed down
>> very very much but Netscape(7.2) as before works very fast, I prefer IE
>> and would like to use it,
>> is there any way to speed up IE? or to uninstall SP2? I defrag. the H.D.
>> but no change.
>> My OS Wnd.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.6 ghz. with 384 Ram.

> Stick with Netscape or switch to Mozilla or firefox it will save you allot
> of haste in the long run.

Since he prefers IE after using Netscape it would be better to fix the IE
problem than scap it. I also prefer IE. ;p