Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Server Monitor - How to Connect to PC?

Server Monitor - How to Connect to PC?

DiddyS

Hi,

I've got a small monitor that I'm told was intended for use with a server
and I want to connect it to my PC if that's possible.

It's made by ICL (since taken over by Fujitsu?) and on the (original) box it
came in it says:-

Type: 124280/01
Serial No. 011706 FOI"

On the monitor itself the Type is shown as 12428/001

The most obvious problem with connecting it to a PC is that it doesn't have
a connection for a standard monitor cable. Instead it has two 25 pin female
sockets. One is labelled RS232 and the other one has a symbol that may
represent a server.

Can anyone tell me if it will work with a PC and, if so, whether it is
possible to obtain a suitable cable or a converter to enable me to connect
it.

TIA,

Derek.