Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > I need some good computer book recommendations.

I need some good computer book recommendations.

drummer

Hi, I'm starting a job selling computers and computer parts to
businesses. I don't need to know everything about everything, but I
would like a general knowledge base accross the board. So I'm looking
to get a book that will give me enough knowledge to understand the
basics in everything computers. Any good ideas? Thanks.

drummer

Thats a newsgroup right? Thats not gonna give me step by step,
general understandings of systems and stuff.

Gordon

drummer wrote:
> Thats a newsgroup right? Thats not gonna give me step by step,
> general understandings of systems and stuff.

Who are you talking to and about what? Please QUOTE the post you are
replying to.
Thankyou.

James Hilton

"drummer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi, I'm starting a job selling computers and computer parts to
> businesses. I don't need to know everything about everything, but I
> would like a general knowledge base accross the board. So I'm looking
> to get a book that will give me enough knowledge to understand the
> basics in everything computers. Any good ideas? Thanks.

http://www.quepublishing.com/promotion/1626
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Scott Mueller is president of Mueller Technical Research (MTR), an
international research and corporate training firm. His PC hardware and date
recovery seminars have been presented to several thousands of PC support
professionals throughout the world, including Fortune 500 companies, U.S.
and foreign governments, and major software and hardware corporations. Scott
has authored many books over the last twenty years, including all previous
editions of Upgrading and Repairing PCs, Upgrading and Repairing Laptops,
and others within the Upgrading series.

WebWalker

"Upgrading and Repairing PCs" by Scott Mueller.
It is written for the geek.

--
WebWalker

drummer

> "Upgrading and Repairing PCs" by Scott Mueller.
> It is written for the geek.

Great, but Since I don't know a lot about computers to begin with
will a lot of it go over my head? Or is it written simple enough?
Does he assume you knwo what a lot of things are going in, or does he
take you through everything?

James Hilton

"drummer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > "Upgrading and Repairing PCs" by Scott Mueller.
> > It is written for the geek.

> Great, but Since I don't know a lot about computers to begin with
> will a lot of it go over my head? Or is it written simple enough?
> Does he assume you knwo what a lot of things are going in, or does he
> take you through everything?

Why don't you go to a book store, and look at the book, and then decide if
it is too complicated for you. If it is, you can start with "Computers for
Idiots".