Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > new computer question

new computer question

George

Would like to get some opinions from different people here on emachines.
There has to be a few people that either had them, has one or knows someone
that does.
I've heard that they are not to bad, throw aways I guess. What are some
opinions from you guys.
thanks,
geo

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
kadbitcha <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You know, the google search engine technology really is ****ing fantastic.
>You should try it one day.

A healthy man is a successful man.

>Results 1 - 100 of about 347 English messages for emachines are ****.

What do names mean to you?

>Results 1 - 9 of about 16 English messages for "emachines are good"

Love makes the time pass. Time makes love pass.

>Results 1 - 100 of about 852 English messages for emachines are crap.

By your logic ...

>Results 1 - 3 of about 6 English messages for "emachines are great"

>Results 1 - 21 of about 30 English messages for emachines are rubbish.

Reality must take precedence over public relations; for nature cannot
be fooled.

>Results 1 - 2 of about 5 English messages for "emachines are very good"

>Results 1 - 92 of about 225 English messages for emachines are garbage.

Why are you so certain about that?

>Results 1 - 89 of about 223 English messages for "buy an emachine"

Vere furis.

>From 9 of the 10 first links returned by the search:

You don't say?

>"Please don't buy an eMachine!"
>"DON'T EVER BUY AN EMACHINE DON'T EVER BUY AN EMACHINE DON'T EVER BUY AN
>EMACHINE"
>"I beg you not to buy an emachine."
>"Next time you know never to buy an eMachine (whether it's a laptop or
>desktop)."
>"I know now that I made a bad choice when I decided to buy an eMachine
>computer and I would never recommend an eMachine to anyone."
>"i know not to buy an emachine."
>"A Celery 400 is a very poor choice, as it does not run with a 100mhz bus.
>While you are at it, why not tell him to buy an eMachine?"
>"DO NOT buy an Emachine"
>"I would never buy an emachine"

A celery is a very poor choice, as it does not run with a mhz bus.

>HTH and HAND, you stupid ****.

Look.

--
Lady Chatterly

"HA! Seems Lady Chatterly trolls on over to the Michael Jackson group
- to create chaos there too!!!!!" -- Judy

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
kadbitcha <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Funnier still, as I was looking through google, there were people stating
>they would buy a Gateway in preference to an eMachine.

It is better to conceal one's knowledge than to reveal one's
ignorance.

--
Lady Chatterly

"BTW, how long are you going to keep doing this dance with the bot?"
-- Dr.Postman

Joe

I don't think they are that bad. I just think they have a bad rap because of
who is buying them and why they are getting them. I think they are probably
an ok machine for someone who wants a basic machine to email, surf the net,
and do basic word processing. What they are not is high end machines
suitable for Gaming, Photo and Video editing, upgrading and the like. I
think a lot of people buy these machines hoping for much more than they are
designed for and call them **** when they do not deliver. I think any bad
rap the get from a reliability stand point has more to do with who buys them
than the quality of the machine. The people that generally buy these machine
are new users that don't know much and are likely to have a software problem
that they don't have a clue how to fix and end up say the computer is broke
and a pile of **** when they have just messed up the software.

Joe

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FHCdd.12730$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Would like to get some opinions from different people here on emachines.
> There has to be a few people that either had them, has one or knows
> someone
> that does.
> I've heard that they are not to bad, throw aways I guess. What are some
> opinions from you guys.
> thanks,
> geo

Thor

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't think they are that bad. I just think they have a bad rap because
>of who is buying them and why they are getting them. I think they are
>probably an ok machine for someone who wants a basic machine to email, surf
>the net, and do basic word processing. What they are not is high end
>machines suitable for Gaming, Photo and Video editing, upgrading and the
>like. I think a lot of people buy these machines hoping for much more than
>they are designed for and call them **** when they do not deliver. I think
>any bad rap the get from a reliability stand point has more to do with who
>buys them than the quality of the machine. The people that generally buy
>these machine are new users that don't know much and are likely to have a
>software problem that they don't have a clue how to fix and end up say the
>computer is broke and a pile of **** when they have just messed up the
>software.

I've worked on many. It's the quality of the machine in most cases, from my
experience. Lots of hardware failures. Power supplies, modems and
harddrives.

Joe

How? I understand a power supply a cheap one is destined to fail and the
entire computer do nothing. But a modem? Modems don't break. I have tried
some that were crap but they either work or they don't. And Harddrives, I am
sure Emachine is not making harddrives they are buying them from Maxtor, WD,
Seagate, or someone. Why would theirs be any worse than anyone else's?

Joe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I don't think they are that bad. I just think they have a bad rap because
>>of who is buying them and why they are getting them. I think they are
>>probably an ok machine for someone who wants a basic machine to email,
>>surf the net, and do basic word processing. What they are not is high end
>>machines suitable for Gaming, Photo and Video editing, upgrading and the
>>like. I think a lot of people buy these machines hoping for much more than
>>they are designed for and call them **** when they do not deliver. I think
>>any bad rap the get from a reliability stand point has more to do with who
>>buys them than the quality of the machine. The people that generally buy
>>these machine are new users that don't know much and are likely to have a
>>software problem that they don't have a clue how to fix and end up say the
>>computer is broke and a pile of **** when they have just messed up the
>>software.

> I've worked on many. It's the quality of the machine in most cases, from
> my experience. Lots of hardware failures. Power supplies, modems and
> harddrives.

Thor

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How? I understand a power supply a cheap one is destined to fail and the
> entire computer do nothing. But a modem? Modems don't break. I have tried

Crap cheap modems that don't connect worth a damn.

> some that were crap but they either work or they don't. And Harddrives, I
> am sure Emachine is not making harddrives they are buying them from
> Maxtor, WD, Seagate, or someone.

Nope, "Trigem" harddrives in most cases, same Korean manufacturer of the
motherboards.

Wizard

Junk!

George wrote:

> Would like to get some opinions from different people here on emachines.
> There has to be a few people that either had them, has one or knows someone
> that does.
> I've heard that they are not to bad, throw aways I guess. What are some
> opinions from you guys.
> thanks,
> geo

BillKirch

>Would like to get some opinions from different people here on emachines.
>There has to be a few pe

##################
I've had two,and for the money and considering these things go obsolete in 3
years they are not bad. Get alot of RAM. BG

Fred

BillKirch wrote:

> ################## I've had two,and for the money and considering these
> things go obsolete in 3 years they are not bad.

Me too!

new computer ordered with X64 ultimate. need to transfer from XP computer charles kuchar Windows 64bit 2 10-26-2009 11:33 AM
How to transfer programs and files of old computer to new computer? alan Computer Support 5 10-13-2008 01:35 PM
Old computer to new computer naguaramipana Computer Support 10 01-18-2008 04:21 AM
transfer of contents of HD in old computer to HD in new computer jim fisher Computer Support 3 08-05-2007 11:34 AM