Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Cable modem bonding software

Cable modem bonding software

Joe

If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know about
how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30 day
free trial/demos. I want to borrow my uncles modem and combine both to
download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more connections,
them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router, no $
for that.

Chet

I doubt if you would gain much if any speed. Your speed is primarily
limited by the cable itself which you share with everybody in your part of
town. Putting two modems on the same cable probably won't help.
news:20041020121903.087$(E-Mail Removed)...

$
> for that.

Joe

"Chet" <chartley(nospam)(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I doubt if you would gain much if any speed. Your speed is primarily
> limited by the cable itself which you share with everybody in your part of
> town. Putting two modems on the same cable probably won't help.
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20041020121903.087$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
> > software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know

> about
> > how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30

> day
> > free trial/demos. I want to borrow my uncles modem and combine both to
> > download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more

> connections,
> > them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router,

no
> $
> > for that.

Oh yes it will. I know for a fact it would double my speed. So is there any
software?

ric

Joe wrote:

> Oh yes it will. I know for a fact it would double my speed. So is there any
> software?

Thanks for the chuckle.

derek / nul

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:54:33 -0700, "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Oh yes it will. I know for a fact it would double my speed. So is there any
>software?

No, there is no software.

Ken Dennis

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:17:58 -0700, Joe wrote:

> If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
> software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know about
> how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30 day
> free trial/demos. I want to borrow my uncles modem and combine both to
> download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more connections,
> them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router, no $
> for that.

As far as just using it to surf the web etc for speed I don't know of
anything. But if you run an FTP site, or some sort of server, you could
use that quite easily to help improve your speed. I can only think of
server type applications where this could be implemented.

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

Joe

"Ken Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:17:58 -0700, Joe wrote:
>
> > If I had 2 nics in my pc and 2 cable modems is there any free windows xp
> > software to do some modem bonding to combine both modems speed? I know

about
> > how it works, just need to know if there's any free software or like 30

day
> > free trial/demos. I want to borrow my uncles modem and combine both to
> > download stuff from usenet and get double the speed. using more

connections,
> > them being routed to each modem. i will not buy a modem bonding router,

no $
> > for that.

> As far as just using it to surf the web etc for speed I don't know of
> anything. But if you run an FTP site, or some sort of server, you could
> use that quite easily to help improve your speed. I can only think of
> server type applications where this could be implemented.
>
> --
> Ken Dennis
> http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

Wrong. If you donwload files using download accelerators, it improoves speed
using more connections. using newsgroup software like newsbin pro etc you
get more speed using more connections.

anyhow i am not posting for info how it works, i already said i know how,
but i am posting only for where's a good web site with software to do this
modem bonding in windows. if no one knows then fine. but i don't want to
talk about the technology, no time, just wanna try to find some software. i
aint found anything yet. to busy to look and when i have some time im gonna
try to google.

Ken Dennis

> Wrong. If you donwload files using download accelerators, it improoves speed
> using more connections. using newsgroup software like newsbin pro etc you
> get more speed using more connections.

What i said isn't wrong, I gave you an example of where it would be
helpful and said I didn't know about a software to do what you ask. There
is no need to rudely reply to everyone.

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

Vincent Bingley

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! You ****ing pillock.

Joe

"Ken Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Wrong. If you donwload files using download accelerators, it improoves

speed
> > using more connections. using newsgroup software like newsbin pro etc

you
> > get more speed using more connections.

> What i said isn't wrong, I gave you an example of where it would be
> helpful and said I didn't know about a software to do what you ask. There
> is no need to rudely reply to everyone.
>
> --
> Ken Dennis
> http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

I was not rude what so ever and modem bonding doesn't help FTP. It's only
for downloads mostly. anyway bye