Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer Switching Off

Computer Switching Off

Jamie

My computer keeps switching off like by itself for no reason. I have done a
virus scan and found nothing. It usually happens when I log in or when I
open something such as the help menu. I am using Windows XP. Does anyone
know what might be wrong? Thanks Jamie.

Ken Dennis

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:50:31 +0000, Jamie wrote:

> My computer keeps switching off like by itself for no reason. I have done a
> virus scan and found nothing. It usually happens when I log in or when I
> open something such as the help menu. I am using Windows XP. Does anyone
> know what might be wrong? Thanks Jamie.

You may want to check your CPU and motherboard temperatures. The bios
setup has the turn off temp's setup in there.

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net

Nascar24Rulz

run tests from pcpitstop.com

bill magousis bill magousis is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
My computer keeps switching off like by itself for no reason. I have done a
virus scan and found nothing. It usually happens when I log in or when I
open something such as the help menu. I am using Windows XP. Does anyone
know what might be wrong? Thanks Jamie.
jamie, my computer was doing the same thing, motherboard overheating was the problem. There was so much dust of the motherboard fan, it was not funny.The dust had blocked the airflow slots and was overheating.Try cleaning the dust.