Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How do I format C Drive

How do I format C Drive

Warren Barr

I want ti reinstall XP and start from scratch. I have the reinstall
disc that came with my Dell 2400. It starts to ask me questions about
partitioning and repairing, etc. but I just want to format the whole
drive and start over. Is there a way and if so, what is the easiest
way?

Warren

Eppz

If you go with the cd partition do that. Repartition your drive and then it
will format it with NTFS and do the install.
Thats your easiest option.
"Warren Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want ti reinstall XP and start from scratch. I have the reinstall
> disc that came with my Dell 2400. It starts to ask me questions about
> partitioning and repairing, etc. but I just want to format the whole
> drive and start over. Is there a way and if so, what is the easiest
> way?
>
> Warren

WebWalker

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:19:24 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Warren
Barr) wrote:

>I want ti reinstall XP and start from scratch. I have the reinstall
>disc that came with my Dell 2400. It starts to ask me questions about
>partitioning and repairing, etc. but I just want to format the whole
>drive and start over. Is there a way and if so, what is the easiest
>way?

When ask, delete the existing partition.
Point XP to install to the empty partiton. XP will recreate partition,
format and install itself to it.

--
WebWalker

HF

Look at www.probz.com and www.computerhope.com. These will tell you all.

"Eppz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GYjdd.2570$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you go with the cd partition do that. Repartition your drive and then

it
> will format it with NTFS and do the install.
> Thats your easiest option.
> "Warren Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I want ti reinstall XP and start from scratch. I have the reinstall
> > disc that came with my Dell 2400. It starts to ask me questions about
> > partitioning and repairing, etc. but I just want to format the whole
> > drive and start over. Is there a way and if so, what is the easiest
> > way?
> >
> > Warren

---