Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > maybe off topic ---scanner help

maybe off topic ---scanner help

Koch

Hi All
I have a Visioneer 8600 scanner which has functioned fine until
yesterday, I got message "unlock scanner and then click on OK"
The problem is that I never 'locked' the scanner since I've had it and
when I checked, it was still in the unlocked position..
I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the software version 7.0
(which was updated 1- '03 with a CD from them)
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
Incidentally, Visioneer no longer supports the 8600.
Bill

Thor

sounds to me like the scanner has gone bye-bye.

"Koch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsQhdd.12$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
> I have a Visioneer 8600 scanner which has functioned fine until
> yesterday, I got message "unlock scanner and then click on OK"
> The problem is that I never 'locked' the scanner since I've had it and
> when I checked, it was still in the unlocked position..
> I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the software version 7.0
> (which was updated 1- '03 with a CD from them)
> Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
> Incidentally, Visioneer no longer supports the 8600.
> Bill

TINY

Try here it's karl's Driver use the forums I have a 8900 and had problems
with it and they fixed it for me
http://67.18.18.25/index.html
news:(E-Mail Removed)...