Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem With HP

Problem With HP

CLV3

I have some friends who have an HP Pavillion. The thing got so filled with
virus/spyware that they and someone else did an FDisk so they could start
from scratch. Now they can't boot from the Restore CDs and HP has sent them
new ones several times insisting that they should work. When we try to boot
up with the Restore disks it says that it is the wrong model of HP.....

They have called HP several times giving the model number and each time they
get the wrong disks....

Any ideas?

YES....they did delete the HP partition when they did the FDisk. I am
wondering if this might be part of the issue...