Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to make "caps" from DVD's?

How to make "caps" from DVD's?

XYZ XYZee

I certainly know how to make vidcaps from videotapes because I've done so in
the past (I have a vidcapping device that I bought several years ago), but I
have to admit that I know nothing about how caps are made from DVD's. Sorry if
this is a bad question here, what is required to make caps from DVD's? I know
at least that one obviously needs a computer, a DVD drive or player, & the
actual DVD's themselves (I have a DVD-ROM drive on my main PC & a very small
collection of DVD's), but do I need to buy or get any other hardware? And what
about software? If I actually need to get any new hardware, then surely the
software that runs it will come with it, but if not, then what software do I
need to get? And can it be downloaded on the 'Net for free? Any advice will
be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thor

"XYZ XYZee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I certainly know how to make vidcaps from videotapes because I've done so
>in
> the past (I have a vidcapping device that I bought several years ago), but
> have to admit that I know nothing about how caps are made from DVD's.
> Sorry if
> this is a bad question here, what is required to make caps from DVD's? I
> know
> at least that one obviously needs a computer, a DVD drive or player, & the
> actual DVD's themselves (I have a DVD-ROM drive on my main PC & a very
> small
> collection of DVD's), but do I need to buy or get any other hardware? And
> what
> about software? If I actually need to get any new hardware, then surely
> the
> software that runs it will come with it, but if not, then what software do
> need to get? And can it be downloaded on the 'Net for free? Any advice
> will
> be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

many DVD player programs for computers have a screen capture utility. This
makes it very simple. PowerDVD for example has a simple camera icon on it's
control panel. While the movie is playing, or paused, simply click that
icon, and you capture the playback image. It's quite simple.