Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > EZ Armor & RoadRunner Problem

EZ Armor & RoadRunner Problem

Anthony and Elizabeth Borge

Hello,

My problem started after I installed EZ Armor. I have Roadrunner
cable modem with a router/firewall/print server. Now, after long
idle periods, the connection seems to time out and to connect I have
to power down/up the router. So I uninstalled EZArmor and there
still is a conflict and it continues to lose the connection.
This is so annoying. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there
a solution?

Thanks for your help.

Thor

if you have to power your router down and back up to bring the connection
back, it seems to me that the problem isn't likely due to EZ Armor. Inquire
with Roadrunner. Perhaps your cable modem has a problem.

"Anthony and Elizabeth Borge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ldqbd.5964$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> My problem started after I installed EZ Armor. I have Roadrunner
> cable modem with a router/firewall/print server. Now, after long
> idle periods, the connection seems to time out and to connect I have
> to power down/up the router. So I uninstalled EZArmor and there
> still is a conflict and it continues to lose the connection.
> This is so annoying. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there
> a solution?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Me

I agree with Thor; the fact that your problem seemed to start with the
installation of EZArmor is almost certainly a coincidence. Start with
the cable modem (the easiest to fix), then consider the network
adapter (the next easiest to fix). However, when I had basically the
same problem with my Roadrunner connection, it turned out to be the
outside cable that carried my Internet connection; there was a slight
gouge in the insulation at one point in the cable that led to to some
corrosion. Roadrunner replaced the cable and all was well. (That's
the most difficult to fix; not because it's difficult for RR to
replace the cable, but because it's difficult to convice RR to check
that cable...I had to call management twice to get it done.)

--
It isn't whether you win or lose, it's where you
place the blame.

Me

I forgot, also check your interior cables (the cable leading from the
wall to the modem, the ethernet or USB cable leading from the modem to
the computer). Also check your router if you have one, and the cables
involved in that.