Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Change in config on 1700 when firewall is introduced - HELP!

Change in config on 1700 when firewall is introduced - HELP!

Kapamarou

Hi everyone,

we have a 1721 which was serving as a router/firewall up until now on an
ADSL line.

We recently purchased a Watchguard 700 firewall to sit next to it. I assume
that the IOS config needs to be altered as follows:

- remove access lists controlling incoming traffic
- remove NAT statements

Now the firewall is configured with a Public IP in the same range as the
Cisco but I cannot see how the Cisco will know to trust those queries and
route them successfully through the Dialer interface.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA,

Kapa

Cisco 1700 Config not able to processing internal webmail script cvanoosbree@gmail.com Cisco 14 10-24-2007 10:16 PM
Firewall Config on 1700 IOS CrimsonTide Cisco 3 07-15-2006 12:54 PM
Cisco 1700 Dual WAN Config Jake Cisco 0 01-08-2006 11:34 PM
Cisco 1700 Config Help: two ISP connect Kevin Hill Cisco 1 08-30-2004 06:07 AM
1700 ISDN backup config question Torquil Corkerton Cisco 2 05-28-2004 11:19 PM

Advertisments